Turtle Wax Platinum Series?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2004, 05:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turtle Wax Platinum Series?

Just curious if anyone's tried Turtle Wax's new "come-back" product line being marketed as their Platinum Series "Ultra Gloss". TV ad was putting down Meguiar's product line...with a "new" believer.

Old 04-23-2004, 06:49 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I haven't tried the stuff - and probably won't. The boys at Turtle Wax are going to have a tough time talking many of us into trying any of their stuff. They're just not know for anything but "Beater Wax." Maybe if I had a Kia with the fart pipe, ground effects kit, stick on flames ...

Old 04-23-2004, 08:31 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally posted by 2stroked
..<snip>..." Maybe if I had a Kia with the fart pipe, ground effects kit, stick on flames ...
You forgot to mention the Pac-Rim lettering. Makes me think of getting the #5 with egg drop soup

Old 04-23-2004, 08:38 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
We discussed it briefly at the class and the general consensus from the guys that have used it, including Meguiar's in-house testing, was that it was decent but fell short on durability.

Keep in mind, a top-notch professional detailer can make just about any 'wax' product on the market look pretty good for one day.

I still live by the notion that if it sounds like hype, it probably is...

Long story short, Turtle Wax is trying to regain market share that they've lost over the past because of lack-luster and average products available to the consumer.

RP

Quick Reply: Turtle Wax Platinum Series?