Need some Touch ups like woah

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2004, 06:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need some Touch ups like woah

I just bought a 2000 F-150 its got the 5.4 .... long bed... ext cab... its a damn nice truck and i got it for a steal. The price was low for all the right reasons, it was a work truck. So... now that i got this thing... i got some serious work truck repairs to do. there were a few spots where the paint was clean off (all of them less than a quarter inch in diameter). I used touch up paint on those (i used the right paint but for some reason the color didnt match, probably will figure out those later... atleast it wont rust). There are MANY... MANY scratches that have gone through the CC, but the paint itself is still intact... and in some cases the CC has been damaged... leaving a nice rub mark that stands out once the dirt clings to it (its a white truck). I used some KIT scratch remover... it did alrite on the smaller swirl marks and scratches... but as long as they didnt go through the CC. The bigger scratches are there... just not as noticible. I dont really know what to do... once i got the truck in decent condition i'm going to clay it and wax the snot out of it... but i am affraid to do much further restoration to the finish until i got all the nicks and dings sealed up. if anyone has any bright ideas lemme know ! I ADORE this truck... and i want this thing looking like new... i am going to treat this thing just like I would a check for 10,000$.

Quick Reply: Need some Touch ups like woah