flippin stupid dog scratched up my truck!

Old 04-13-2004, 12:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry flippin stupid dog scratched up my truck!

I went to visit a buddy of mine and as soon as I stopped in his drive way, his big muddy Mutt jumped up on the side of my truck and now I have claw marks scratched in my paint. Please is thier anyone out there who knows how I can get them out. I have heard of Buffing it out, but I dont know how, If anyone can let me know it would me great! the paint is white and they are all over the passanger side bed of my truck!

bigNAnative

Old 04-13-2004, 01:21 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Sorry about the situation...

Do you have any way to take some pictures of the scratches? The reason I ask is because there are varying levels of 'scratches' and each calls for a specific course of action to attempt to remove them. Pics might help us perscribe some options.

RP

Old 04-13-2004, 09:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
heres my solution.......shoot the dog.

Old 04-14-2004, 12:56 AM
sue the bastard

Old 04-14-2004, 10:45 AM
Sorry, I dont own a digital camera, but I was looking at them yesterday and it only looks like the clear coat has been damaged. I will try and borrow a friends camera today to get some picks. I heard I might be able to buff out the scratches if it is only the clear coat that was damaged. hope thats true!

Old 04-14-2004, 03:59 PM
Here is the Damage!!!

Old 04-14-2004, 07:44 PM
Moderator &

Originally posted by lifeguardjoe
sue the bastard
Yeah, Fido has deep pockets. Geesh. Get real Joey.

Old 04-14-2004, 07:45 PM
Moderator &

Originally posted by bigNAnative
Here is the Damage!!!

Okay... those look fixable to me.

Next question, how comfortable are you with vehicle care? I mean, are you the type that owns an orbital buffer? A polisher? Or are you the elbow grease type of guy?

RP

Old 04-15-2004, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by RockPick
Yeah, Fido has deep pockets. Geesh. Get real Joey.
Not the dog stupid. Sue the owner.

Old 04-15-2004, 09:08 AM
If it happened on his property, you should have him check to see if his homeowners policy covers the damage. I was once parked in someone's driveway and while their son was mowing the grass, a rock shot out of the lawnmower and shattered my window. Their homeowers policy covered the entire repair.

Old 04-15-2004, 10:34 AM
I had a similiar experience except it was my dog jumping out of the back of the truck. She went over the side and her claws and collar scratched the truck pretty good. I plan on trying to buff them out this weekend if I have time. I will post before and after pictures after I am done.
I just got my P/C and the some meguiars products from the professional line. I was able to use them on my wife's mustang last night. I only had time to do the hood and I haven't seen it yet in the sunlight but I am pleased so far. There were still some fine scratches left but only if you looked at the right angle. ( or is that the wrong angle)
Now I need to find a miracle cure to get rid of all the pits that are there.
You can see some before and after pictures here: Before and after

Old 04-15-2004, 12:19 PM
Man, where I am from that is a luxuary! no one has insurance on thier homes. I wish I could have gone that route, but I am pretty sure the buffing will work. looks like he only scratched the clear coat and some good polish and buffer will get it out!

Old 04-17-2004, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by bigNAnative
Man, where I am from that is a luxuary! no one has insurance on thier homes. I wish I could have gone that route, but I am pretty sure the buffing will work. looks like he only scratched the clear coat and some good polish and buffer will get it out!
You should be able to get those out by hand if you don't have a PC. Iwould be very careful about using a buffer if you haven't used one before, as you can cause more damage than you already have. Get some Meguiars Scratch X or DACP. Take a clean terry cloth towel and fold it into about 4 thicknesses and then apply the polish according to the directions. You may need to do a few coats to get all the scratches out. Follow up with some wax and you should be good to go. Good luck.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: flippin stupid dog scratched up my truck!