Leather Conditioner?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2004, 08:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Leather Conditioner?

Can anyone please offer some advice for the best leather conditoner out on the market?

Black Leather in an '04 Lariat...

Thanks,

Josh in MN

Old 04-11-2004, 09:48 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My personal favorite is Lexol Conditioner.

The conditioner is the BROWN bottle. The pH Balanced Cleaner is the ORANGE bottle.

Remember, it is better to use a cleaner and THEN a conditioner rather than simply conditioning. In short, when you simply condition without removing surficial dirts and oils, you work those soils further into the porosity of the leather. Leather is skin. You wouldn't go out and work for a day out in the yard and then toss on some lotion to make your skin better... you'd bathe and then put on lotion. Same principal.

RP

Old 04-11-2004, 09:50 PM
Moderator &

Moved to GENERAL CARE....

Old 04-11-2004, 10:50 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just obtained one quart each of Leatherique Leather Cleaner, and Leatherique Reconditioner. I haven't had a chance to try it yet. The stuff is pretty expensive. For the price, it had better be good!!! I got a deal and still paid $35.00 for the two quarts.

Leatherique is recommended by Rolls Royce, Jag, Bentley etc.

Old 04-11-2004, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by RockPick
My personal favorite is Lexol Conditioner.

The conditioner is the BROWN bottle. The pH Balanced Cleaner is the ORANGE bottle.

Remember, it is better to use a cleaner and THEN a conditioner rather than simply conditioning. In short, when you simply condition without removing surficial dirts and oils, you work those soils further into the porosity of the leather. Leather is skin. You wouldn't go out and work for a day out in the yard and then toss on some lotion to make your skin better... you'd bathe and then put on lotion. Same principal.

RP
Hey RP, do these products leave a glossy finnish? I like the factory matte finnish but have not found a product that will do this. Also are there any products that doesn't leave a glossy finnish on dashes? Thanks for you input or anyone elses as well.

Old 04-12-2004, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by jcma81
Hey RP, do these products leave a glossy finnish? I like the factory matte finnish but have not found a product that will do this. Also are there any products that doesn't leave a glossy finnish on dashes? Thanks for you input or anyone elses as well.
Lexol goes on "glossy" so to say, but due to the quality of the product, the leather will soak up the excess conditioner in about 12 hours and will leave the seats in their original matte look.

I usually clean and condition my seats at night and then wipe off the excess conditioner in the morning.

As for the Vinylex product, it's not bad, and also does dry to a semi-gloss look. Way better than Armour-All that's for sure.

TonyPTX

Old 04-12-2004, 08:27 AM
Moderator &

Originally posted by jcma81
Exactly what TonyPTX said.

Old 04-12-2004, 02:26 PM
Cool thanks for the help guys.

Old 04-13-2004, 01:03 AM
jcma81; A p/h balanced cleaner [soap] is the only way to clean
leather, i use miracle soap 2 this product has no equal to it for
cleaning leather, I use the wilsons leather lotion on all of my
vehicels, it produces no vinyl fog or slippery seating surface I have used most of the products that most people mention but
none have preformed as this combo does!
LIVE LONG AND PROSPER. .TURBO TED

Old 04-13-2004, 08:50 AM
Thank's y'all! I ordered up some Lexol today. I appreciate the info!

Old 04-13-2004, 09:12 AM
Let us know how it turns out and your opinion of the product. It will make for a better General Care Forum.

TonyPTX

Quick Reply: Leather Conditioner?