Interior Detail Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2004, 01:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Interior Detail Anyone?

Folks,

Does anyone have a suggestion on products for cleaning and detailing the dash, door panels, and plastic peaces ... etc. in the new 04's???

There are so many choices at the part store, but which one is the best???

Also, has anyone waxed the new truck yet, what works good?

Thanks F-150 homies!

Old 04-09-2004, 02:10 PM
You might want to check out the General Care Forum. There's tons of discussion over there in basic car care for interior and exterior. Granted most of them eat Zaino wax on a daily basis so there might a little bias towards some products. Just be wary of they try to tell you to use Zaino on the interior!

Old 04-09-2004, 02:33 PM
zaino is about the most over-rated stuff you can buy.

I ran a reconditioning shop for quit a while, and the best general advice I can give you is:

- use Mothers Gold for ease of use, or McGuires for better shine but with more work. Personally, I use nothing but Mother's Gold.

- get a small artist's brush and an old toothbrush (do not re-use) for the vents and whatnot.

- waterdown everything you use to clean the interior with.

- take the time to clay it before you wax it.

- armor-all is the devil

Old 04-09-2004, 03:55 PM
I use Lexol leather conditioner ( have the shampoo to but never used it) on the front and back seats, steering wheel, center armrest. Black Magic dash board wipes, they really shine. Stoners invisible glass on the well, on the glass. And for smell i use those new glade things that you put in youre air conditioner vents, it looks tacky, so I painted mine flat black and put it in the rear vents.

Old 04-09-2004, 04:09 PM
MyRrAcInG, THANKS FOR THE INPUT!!!!

I have been pretty happy with black magic's stuff too!
Good idea with the glade thingys!

Old 04-09-2004, 07:25 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Moved to General Care...

Old 04-09-2004, 07:34 PM
Ya ever notice that some of those who tout Meguiars can't even spell it?

An education is over-rated to some I guess........

Old 04-09-2004, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Agent86
zaino is about the most over-rated stuff you can buy.
Actually it’s not over rated at all. It is a very good quality product and one of many choices that have excellent results if one knows how to “prep” the paint to begin with.

Meguiars is another fine product and has results that many people love. I use Zaino for two reasons:

First, you do NOT have to use a buffer, as a matter of fact a buffer will do very little to nothing to a very nice shine.

Second, it outlasts most other “waxes” because it is a synthetic polish. 3 – 5 coats of Zaino will last 6 months no problem through very hard winters with tons of road salt and grime and ONLY using car washes because its to cold to wash by hand.

I know because I have used it two different winters and got 6 months protection no problem.

Now Meguiars has NXT which is a synthetic wax, or polish, not sure which one but I am sure it will last as long as Zaino since it is synthetic and I have heard nothing but good things about it.

Another thing to remember is there is NOTHING different about the new 04’s as compared to the 03’s and below.

It is the SAME paint, SAME plastic etc so use what ever you used on your prior vehicles and you will be fine. There is nothing special about the paint and plastic on the 04’s…

Man I love Zaino:

Old 04-10-2004, 12:39 AM
Check out Aerospace 303

I don't know how many of you guys have ever used Aerospace 303 but I'm completely sold on the stuff as a way to condition pretty much every bit of plastic on our trucks both inside and outside. As the name would suggest, the "stuff" was designed for use in the aerospace industry. It gives a nice shine without being overly glossy (this is especially important on the dash), lasts quite well, doesn't seem to off-gas and cloud your windshields like a lot of protectants do and has a built in sunscreen to boot. It's somewhat hard to find but is available at numerous places on the web. You can also find a local distributor on their web site that I will attach below. I just read my reply here and it seems (even to me) like I'm a spokesman for these guys.......I'm not. I just tried it a couple of years ago and no wouldn't be without it in my garage.
http://www.303products.com/main.php?infopage=home

Old 04-10-2004, 12:56 AM
You can get Formula 303 at any boating supply house ...also check out thier fabric protectant

Old 04-15-2004, 11:53 PM
Troll
hi

i use monthers on my dash it is the ony way to go

Quick Reply: Interior Detail Anyone?