pop out my headlight

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2004, 07:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy pop out my headlight

I'm trying to pop out the headlights in my 2000 F150. I removed the screw on the top but they don't seem to pull out easily. The manual says the headlights should just pop out. Any suggestions?

Old 04-05-2004, 08:06 PM
Are you trying to remove the headlight or the corner light?

The headlight has two metal tabs that you pull up on both sides of the light and then it will slide out.

The corner light has a torx bolt that you unscrew and then it will slide out.

Other than that they should just slide out. If your doing the above maybe try to get your hand back behind it and pushing on the back. Good luck!

Old 04-07-2004, 10:50 PM
Sometimes those tabs don't pop up so easy. It sounds a little crazy but if the tab doesn't pup up all the way try pushing the headlight in. Your really just trying to move it around a little so the tab will pop up all the way. Another one of my favorites is to use a vise-grip on the tab(just the vertical part of the tab) and pull up really hard. The tabs on my truck are starting to rust.

Old 04-08-2004, 03:26 PM
when pulling the tabs out, pull up & away from yourself.

ex: if you are standing facing your windshield, pull up & towards the windshield, the tabs should come up a little bit. there shouldn't be a whole lot of play in them, if you pull too hard they can come all the way out, which isn't a horrible thing, but they can be a pain to get back in right.

hope that helps

Quick Reply: pop out my headlight