whats the best polish or wax for a White Screw ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2004, 01:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question whats the best polish or wax for a White Screw ?

how does Liquid Glass look on White ? Any suggestions w/o taking a whole day to shine ?
Thanks

Old 03-30-2004, 02:34 PM
Liquid Glass should work fine.

NXT would be another good choice.

Poorboy's new EX-P sealant would also be an excellent choice.

The "taking all day" part should only be required once a year, in order to get the paint prepped properly. If you're not into prepping the paint, I'd recommend a good cleaner/wax rather than the suggestions above.

Old 03-30-2004, 02:52 PM
For my part time business "hobby" detailing cars...For domestic light colored cars I use Zymol Creme of course claying the car first. www.zymol.com

Old 03-30-2004, 07:25 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Like Boss mentioned, there are numerous GREAT products out there on the market and he's named several....

Let me ask you a question... are you looking to get rid of any swirls or fine scratches in your paint? Are you looking for incredible depth with minimal effort? Or are you looking to make your truck look like a Concours Vehicle that just rolled out of a show with 'Best in Show' honors?

In my honest opinion, two of those three options can be achieved by only dedicating about a half day. Following that, like Boss mentioned, it's maintenance and we're talking more like a couple of hours every couple of months or as you wish to apply.

Answer that question and I think several of us can give you a little better idea on how you can get the best 'bang' for your time.

RP

Old 03-30-2004, 08:46 PM
Question Hummmm

no swirls to speak of,im looking for depth,shine and a lasting finish with min. effort,lol. I just don't know how much shine a white truck will see.I would like to maybe wash it down with Dawn and apply a one coat type polish or wax that will look real glossy and last,thats why I wondered about Liquid Glass I heard that the more layers the more shine!
Thanks

Old 03-31-2004, 07:06 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've got an Oxford White truck and I swear by Zaino products. Like RP and Boss have mentioned though, there are any number of great products out there that should do a fine job. I must admitt that I'm tempted to try NXT because it's similar to Zaino, but I've got a ton of little bottles with the letter "Z" on them that I need to use up first. The other reason I use Zaino instead of some of the other stuff out there is the ease of use. Despite instructions that sound more like a mating ritual than a wax job, the stuff goes on and comes off effortlessly. Oh yea, and the truck absolutely glows. Good luck with whatever you choose!

Old 03-31-2004, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by 2stroked
I've got an Oxford White truck and I swear by Zaino products. Like RP and Boss have mentioned though, there are any number of great products out there that should do a fine job. I must admitt that I'm tempted to try NXT because it's similar to Zaino, but I've got a ton of little bottles with the letter "Z" on them that I need to use up first. The other reason I use Zaino instead of some of the other stuff out there is the ease of use. Despite instructions that sound more like a mating ritual than a wax job, the stuff goes on and comes off effortlessly. Oh yea, and the truck absolutely glows. Good luck with whatever you choose!
I agree 100%. If I still had my white truck, or another white vehicle, I would probably still be using Zaino. I received many comments that my truck looked like a "white mirror" when I was using Zaino. However, my dark shadow gray truck doesn't respond as well to Zaino, as it does to some other products............ namely carnauba's. Fortunately, I've got all the good ones, so I can play around to find the best look!

That confirms something I've know for years.......... different colors look better with different products.......... at least in my opinion.

Old 03-31-2004, 08:04 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by Boss_429
That confirms something I've know for years.......... different colors look better with different products.......... at least in my opinion.
No doubt there!

Old 03-31-2004, 11:52 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Boss,

There's another interesting effect with Zaino on Oxford White that I don't quite understand. I could swear that the truck looks "whiter" after a coat of two of Zaino. The darn thing almost glows. (No, I don't live close to a nuclear power plant either.) Any idea what causes this effect? And before RockPick chimes in, I'm not sniffing the bottles either. Well, at least not too much.

Old 03-31-2004, 12:26 PM

And before RockPick chimes in, I'm not sniffing the bottles either. Well, at least not too much.
Drinking from certain bottles might produce a similar effect.

I agree 100% that different products produce different results based on the color of the vehicle (generally a light/dark thing)...I have also seen differences depending on the "metallic" nature of any given paint, though not as profound as the light/dark thing.

I have invested heavily in the Meguiar's line, and plan on using the NXT/#26 combo until I run out (which based on the amount of stuff I bought should be sometime in 2009). After that, may experiment but only if I'm not happy. But right now, I'm thrilled!

Lucky for me, the products I bought will work equally well on my True Blue FX4 and my wife's black Volvo S60. I'd hate to think how much stuff I would have bought if her car was white or silver...

Old 03-31-2004, 12:38 PM
so far the Meguiers #7, #9, and #26 have worked well for me. Next time, however, I plan on using the new NXT and give it a whirrl. I would try the Zaino, but the ease of purchasing the Meguiers far outweighs the Zaino.

Old 03-31-2004, 05:27 PM
Boss,

There's another interesting effect with Zaino on Oxford White that I don't quite understand. I could swear that the truck looks "whiter" after a coat of two of Zaino. The darn thing almost glows. (No, I don't live close to a nuclear power plant either.) Any idea what causes this effect? And before RockPick chimes in, I'm not sniffing the bottles either. Well, at least not too much.
2stroked,

Yep, the Zaino really makes the white "stand out", which is why I used it...................... not sure how it does it, or why it does it? Of course, I "do" live by a nuclear power plant.............. maybe that explains mine!

Old 03-31-2004, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Boss_429
I "do" live by a nuclear power plant.............. maybe that explains mine!
Hi Boss.....Berwick?

John

Old 03-31-2004, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by JohnAndDar
Hi Boss.....Berwick?

John
Yep!

Old 04-05-2004, 04:54 PM
Boss_429

Hey Boss_429
Sorry to jump colors here, but you mentioned you have a dark shadow gray truck and use a carnauba wax.
my 03' screw is about 8 months old and just did the my first waxing of it this weekend - some turlewax i had from before. i wasn't really impressed with the result. i did like it on the old deep blue Ranger though, but that paint had more depth i think.

if you have a wax that you are happy with, or anyone else reading this, i'd appreciate the suggestions.

Quick Reply: whats the best polish or wax for a White Screw ?