Scratched Door...

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2004, 12:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scratched Door...

Well somehow I managed to get a scratch on my door. Its on the passenger side, 3/4 the way up the window on the back part of the door. Was wondering if anyone had suggestions on how to repair it. It looks like its mainly just in the clear but some of the silver may have gotten it, but it didnt make it to bare medal. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

Old 03-28-2004, 03:57 AM
jus try some scratch remover. i use scratchX, doesnt look too bad or deep, shouldnt be a big problem, jus scratchX, buff, polish, buff, repeat

Old 03-30-2004, 04:04 PM
Anyone else have any ideas?

I dont think polishing it is going to work unless you take off just about all the clear coat surrounding it. I think its going to take an actual fix like putting some clear coat in it and then wet sanding it.

I dont really have any experience with paint work so any tips or links to a website that gives details in repairing a scratch would be great. Thanks!!!

Old 03-30-2004, 07:21 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Might work for you... might not.

I utilize this technique on my rock chips to keep the vehicle looking new... the technique works GREAT but I've never tried it on a scratch.

Rock Chip Fix

Hope that helps a little...

RP

Quick Reply: Scratched Door...