Canada All Provinces

Quebec vets being snubbed by MP for flag requisition

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2004, 06:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quebec vets being snubbed by MP for flag requisition

Can you believe the gall of this guy in Quebec. A legion in his constituency requested new flags for Remembrance Day, and being that it is a Bloc Quebecois riding, his office said that they do not issue Canadian flags. Everywhere else in the country, this request is heartily granted, but no, not in Quebec. They told the legion to get them from the heritage department. These yahoo MP's sure don't mind getting a paycheque with the maple leaf on them though, as was quoted by a fellow politician.

Old 11-07-2004, 12:44 AM
Just more of that backward thinking that's kept Quebec in the dark ages for the last 40 years!

The Bloc enforces french language law, only read and speak french, signs must be french, and all this has accomplished is a generation of people stuck in Quebec. The unemployed can't leave to find work elsewhere because they don't know enough english to get by.

Then Quebec whines because they feel alienated. Hmmm, I wonder why?

Old 11-07-2004, 12:42 PM
Yeah, it's pretty unfortunate, I know people from Quebec and they are, for the most part, just like us. It's mostly these radicals that somehow get in power by throwing their propoganda around and convincing otherwise "normal" people that the rest of Canada is this evil empire that wants to dominate them. At least their whining is accomplishing something though, what with all the federal money they receive in the form of transfer payments, subsidies,etc. Unfortunately, a lot of that money is coming from the West and it feels like giving your dog a bone and then he turns around and bites you in the nuts. I wonder, if we were in need of cash, if the feds would be able to convince Quebec to help us out. And how is it that a separatist party, that is absolutely only provincial in nature, get into a position of power in the House of Commons as a federal party?, that is just wrong!!! But we, because "We Are Canadian" just allow it to happen and carry on our merry way. I dunno, maybe it's time for the West to hold a gun to the feds heads and threaten seperation, but then, I guess, we are no better than they are. Oh well, just keep coughing up the cash.

Old 11-07-2004, 05:57 PM
Wasn't that idea floated around the Calgary legislature by Ralph Klein? The west is constantly being told no money for this no money for that and then Quebec gets a huge payday at the west's expense.

The one good thing about Paul Martin's minority govt. is that he has no choice but to cave to the needs of the western provinces. Which means we might finally get our share of the profits!

One can hope anyway.

Quick Reply: Quebec vets being snubbed by MP for flag requisition