Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Line-x and Rhinolining

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2015, 01:18 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
Line-x and Rhinolining

I am in the process of getting some quotes for some body work done. In the process, I was considering getting rid of my plastic bed liner which has served me well for quite a few years. I was looking to go with a Rhinoliner. It seems as if it has a better feel to it from stuff sliding around in the bed.

I put in a request into my local (not really local, Baldwinsville, NY) shop, and the first thing they told me was the truck might be too old for this application and that if there is any type of surface rust they cannot do it.

My first reaction was... "Sounds like they don't want my business and they clearly only want to cater to trucks that are brand new".

Now on to the truck, there is some surface rust on the areas that have gotten beaten up over time with rakes, shovels, etc. Nothing that can't be fixed quickly with a sander/grinder. I'm not talking anything structurally uncertain. Just normal wear and tear that I would think asking them to fix wouldn't be of any weird question.

I haven't contacted any Line-x dealers yet. I'm just wondering if anyone else has run into this issue?

I would be willing to throw them a bone (extra money) to get my bed looking good without running all over town.

Old 10-25-2015, 03:48 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
Talk to a Line-X dealer. I honestly think they have a superior product, and, I feel sure they'll be able to take care of some rust issues.

- Jack

Old 10-25-2015, 06:47 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
I messed up, it was Line-x who I called first and they gave me that line. All I know is it was the one in Baldwinsville, NY. It's a Sunday, lol!! I thought it was Rhinolining. Arg, I need to get my facts straight.

I'm beginning to wonder if it wouldn't be better to just take a drive on out to Line-x in Baldwinsville, NY with the truck and show them and let them give me their thoughts. Maybe I just got the wrong person on the phone.

Though, Rhinolining is right in Utica, NY where I normally work and kind of live. I'm still going to let them give me a quote too.

It was the Line-x that I liked better because it seems like it has more grip.

Old 10-25-2015, 07:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The typical LINE-X products which are Standard, Premium, and Platinum are all stronger than the most typical Rhino products which are Tuff Stuff, Tuff Grip, and Hardline. That's not an opinion, that a fact based on the products' technical data sheets.

LINE-X dealers are franchises and are supposed to apply LINE-X to a specific thickness to insure that your bedliner performs as it should. Rhino dealers are not franchises and are not bound to any agreement or product thickness recommendations.

Old 11-30-2015, 06:01 PM
Received 45 Likes on 44 Posts
Line-X is some awfully tough stuff and what I've seen them do is go over the areas to be covered with an angle grinder fitted with a wire brush scuffing the paint. Any surface rusting would be short work.

Quick Reply: Line-x and Rhinolining