Anybody got a cap for a 2015 yet?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2015, 11:45 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Anybody got a cap for a 2015 yet?

Pics??

Old 08-04-2015, 02:30 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm about to get my new truck, and spent yesterday searching for caps and hitting the shops.

I wanted the mid rise roof, so the door clearance is higher by 5-6 inches. I'm comparing the Leer 180 and 180XL which they're getting me pricing for, against the A.R.E. MX series mid-rise.

What I wanted, and I think I've narrowed it down, is the 3/4 tilt-out frameless windows because it helps the cap look like it is part of the vehicle's whole design as opposed to a redneck ballcap. I want it carpeted, slide front window, and dome light which I'll recycle my LED light bars from my old cap.

Now from Leer, I saw the display as having the aluminum-framed dual-latch rear door. Purely utilitarian. However, their website shows this sucka with the single-piece molded glass door, under the 180XL listing:
http://www.leer.com/cache/ex_q90_w60...150_Black1.jpg

The A.R.E. does offer the 3/4 tilt-out side windows, but not the frameless rear door. But the price came to around $2400 with my options. I have a tough time believing Leer will stay in that price range:

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r...t/DSC_1395.png

I'm waiting until the Leer dealer gets me a price, before I judge any further. The idea of the mid-rise with 3/4" side windows and frameless rear door looks incredibly appealing to make the truck look good all the way around. But the A.R.E. is gonna look just as good along the sides, and save me a bedliner worth of money to just use an aluminum-framed door.

And juuuust as I typed that last paragraph, the Leer dealer called me! Time to call him back!

Old 08-09-2015, 10:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey there, I just had a leer 180 put on my 2015 6.5 ft bed for around $2,000 but that came with $200 worth of roof rails installed. The removable front window was $120 extra and the roof lining was included for free. Over all I'm pleased with it, I have had caps before and it's about the same as others. I'm not sure how the back door will hold up as it seems very flexible, also when it's fully open its hard to reach up and close it, I'm going to have to come up with a strap or something. The color match is good but according to Leers lititure I have to wait 90 days for the paint to fully cure so I can wax it.

Old 08-21-2015, 02:39 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Looks excellent!

I ordered the 180XL and I'll take delivery some time next week when I can make it to the shop before closing. They already know I work late, so they're cool with it.

That mid-rise looks quite nice! No goofy partial contour line along the side above the windows. It looks far better than they used to, which looked like they just added a Sterilite tub on top and duck taped it down on top of it. Heh.

Quick Reply: Anybody got a cap for a 2015 yet?