Bedliners, Caps, Tops & Lids
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just got line-x platinum done some issues

Old 07-08-2014, 11:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just got line-x platinum done some issues

I just got the line-x platinum, and premium sprayed in my truck . There are three spots that are inconsistent with the rest of the bed texture. I brought it up to the dealer and they said that they were small chunks that sat up higher when they spray and that they cut them off. They insisted that this was normal but I wanted to see if any one else has experienced this?

Old 07-08-2014, 04:48 PM
It happens. There's nothing to worry about. The protection is still there and it's usually a minor cosmetic issue. The guns sometimes "spit" a chunk off the end and it creates a buildup. Or it could have been a fly or a bee - no kidding. Sometimes they get picked out of the air and land in the bed.

Old 10-02-2014, 09:57 PM
My experience is that line-x has little to zero concern for cosmetic appearance. They just want their money and to spit whatever they want all over the bed of your truck. Had my truck redone twice due to UV fading on a known issue Line-X had with their DuPont product and then redone a third time due to delamination. No concern for all the time I wasted taking it back to get redone.

Old 10-03-2014, 10:35 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Maverick 15
Had my truck redone twice due to UV fading on a known issue Line-X had with their DuPont product and then redone a third time due to delamination.
LINE-X stopped using DuPont products years ago. And, since this thread references LINE-X Platinum, Platinum never had anything to do with any DuPont product.

Last edited by TruckGasm; 10-03-2014 at 02:52 PM.
Old 10-03-2014, 08:36 PM
No matter what product a Line-X franchise is applying. They just do what is most cost effective and easy as they have little to no backing from their corporate structure.

Old 10-04-2014, 06:58 PM
Originally Posted by Maverick 15
No matter what product a Line-X franchise is applying. They just do what is most cost effective and easy as they have little to no backing from their corporate structure.
Oh...OK. Since you know all about LINE-X products and their corporate structure, how about giving us some detailed information. Thanks!

Old 10-08-2014, 05:59 PM
Well, Maverick 15 has not replied. I'm guessing he has no facts to back up his statements. Name:  rolleyes5.gif
Views: 374
Size:  1.7 KB

Old 10-08-2014, 08:09 PM
glc
Received 754 Likes on 700 Posts
A franchise operation is only as good as the owner/manager, a company operation is only as good as the manager. If you had a problem with Line-X and got blown off, that's the individual store being stupid.

Old 01-12-2015, 11:35 PM
Here you go TruckGasm.
LineX sprayed my truck with Dupont silver color match knowing it was failing, as well as the white, but I am sure you know this all ready since you seem to know all the facts and have contributed NOTHING to this post. After redoing my truck 4 times the owner of the shop admitted that he was forced to do as he was instructed by corporate the first 3 times just to attempt to make me happy. My facts are what I was told by the shop manager and he could only redo my truck the last time after I contacted corporate and they approved of grinding all line x out of my bed and redoing the entire process with their new LineX color match.

Old 01-13-2015, 10:11 AM
glc
Received 754 Likes on 700 Posts
Do you realize that TruckGasm is a Line-X dealer? His shop does excellent work and he definitely knows what he's talking about. If you tried a different non-confrontational approach he might just be able to help you.

Old 01-13-2015, 08:58 PM
My truck is fixed. I have spent way too much time in the past being mislead that there was a fix for my color match when that was simply a lie. Like I said, it was a period over 3 years and redoing the line x 4 times before it stopped UV fading within months or just straight up delaminating!

Old 01-19-2015, 01:32 PM
Wow, dead thread revival.

The shop you used sucked. TruckGasm did mine and it looks as good today as it did the day he sprayed it and its been years. The texture is uniform, still gleams like new and durable as hell. Sorry you had a bad experience but it does not speak for all Line-X dealers or products.

Old 02-08-2015, 09:02 PM
Received 45 Likes on 44 Posts
Place that did my '07's Line-X over in Bedford, Va. back in 2007 did an absolutely super job and it still looks new, even when dirty.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just got line-x platinum done some issues