Bedliners, Caps, Tops & Lids
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Peragon Bed Cover Long Term Review?

Old 05-01-2013, 08:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Peragon Bed Cover Long Term Review?

Has anyone here had a Peragon Cover on their truck for at least a few years? I am interested in hearing how well they work after a fews years and some bad weather?

Thank you in advance!

Old 05-01-2013, 01:50 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by retrogameroom
Has anyone here had a Peragon Cover on their truck for at least a few years? I am interested in hearing how well they work after a fews years and some bad weather?

Thank you in advance!
I am about a year in to mine and have had ABSOLUTELY NO problems with it whatsoever. In fact, it's absolutely great. The newer design actually has a feature that keeps the panels from rubbing together when folded up (using some rubber pads). To me, this very simple addition was the final item to make this unit nearly perfect.

From a weather standpoint, I do have a TINY bit of moisture after driving in torrential rain. It absolutely doesn't seem to leak at any joint when it's average rain. I suspect I should probably install the tailgate seal kit and it may remedy the moisture while driving in hard rain.

This thing is solid. Two huge thumbs up from me.

-RP-
f150online.com Admin

Old 05-01-2013, 04:38 PM
Thank you for the information. My only apprehension with buying this cover is drilling into a new a new truck which is still under warranty.

Old 05-01-2013, 07:00 PM
Sponsor
Thank you for considering the Peragon truck bed cover Retro! and thank you for your post Rockpick!

Here are a few things to help you. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me. 877-473-7246 x71

Various Forum Reviews
Our Website
Install Videos
Install Manual, See page 11 for drilling Info
Special Offer

Old 05-07-2013, 11:53 AM
Moderator &

Thank you for the information. My only apprehension with buying this cover is drilling into a new a new truck which is still under warranty.

I understand the apprehension... I'm not super keen on drilling in to a new truck either. I took a couple of extra steps on the four hold to help prevent corrosion and definitely plan on checking on it with some frequency to ensure that all is well.

While you do go through the plastic side rail the way that it comes over the lip and in to the box of the truck, keep in mind those rails aren't horribly expensive if or when you opt to remove the unit from the truck. Ford has always been notorious for 'high priced plastic' but, it's still not a deal breaker for me -- and trust me, I'm overly **** retentive about my truck.

I really struggle to say any bad things about the cover... the customer service has been phenomenal (for example, I got technical assistance on my install on SUNDAY AFTERNOON while I was putting it on my truck!!!! Yes, Sunday afternoon).

I really don't think you can go wrong with this cover.

Old 05-28-2013, 02:31 PM
My cover is on the way, and I've been reviewing the installation docs. The install pdf tells me to put the top of the 4 brackets at the top of the bed; subsequent pictures show the top of that bracket well below the top of the bed edge. Any further advice on where to drill those holes?

Old 05-29-2013, 05:34 PM
Sponsor
Hi El,

Thanks for ordering the cover!!

Page 11 is specific to your vehicle. The brackets should be flush with the top of the bed rail protector, not the ribs, just the top of the plastic. Other references to bracket location are generic. Go by page 11 and you'll be fine. If you have questions, give me a call.

Old 05-30-2013, 02:31 PM
Thanks.
Apologies - did not mean to hijack this thread in my, er, exuberance. Poor form on my part.

Old 06-12-2013, 04:25 PM
Interested in ordering this cover. Any special deals going on or group buy's from this form?

I have my bed sprayed with LineX. Any issues?

What is shipping to Canada like?

-Nick

Old 06-14-2013, 09:32 AM
Sponsor
Originally Posted by Nickcrsx
Interested in ordering this cover. ...

-Nick
Hi Nick,

Apologies for the late response. On vacation at the moment. Thanks for considering our truck bed cover!

Special offer available explained here.

No issues with LineX

Shipping to Canada is $99, which includes brokerage fee. Sales tax will be collected separately by Fedex after package arrives.

Old 07-01-2013, 09:09 AM
Does the cover rattle or make any noise?

Old 07-02-2013, 04:00 PM
Sponsor
Does the cover rattle or make any noise?
All metal surfaces are isolated from each other with rubber seals and the cover will not rattle. Noise can happen because of improper installation and if you'd like to know more about that subject, please call me to talk about it. 877-473-7246 x71

Thank you for your interest in Peragon truck bed cover!

Old 08-20-2014, 09:29 PM
Smile

Since I posed my initial questions in this thread, let me follow up with a long-term review:
I have been very pleased with my cover; it's been on the truck for over a year. It has performed exactly as advertised for installation, fit, and finish. I was initially fearful about the exterior finish, but it still looks great with reasonable care, including the rubber strips between panels. It is the perfect compliment to the bedrug. As advertised, it is not waterproof - although it kept a bunch of band gear reasonably dry during a pretty substantial downpour (at least by SoCal standards - we've only had 3 inches of rain all year, but most of it arrived in a 2 day period, lol). I bought it primarily for security, and it delivers that. It also still looks great.
My only criticism is that I wish that the rails could be more flush with the bed, ala the bakflip, and I am religious about not setting (read dragging) anything on top of this cover. . . but I knew these things before buying and made the choice for price over the bakflip's promises of durability.
I can still use my bed extender; I just have to place it in or out, can't leave it connected and flip it. No big deal. A real advantage over the bakflip (IMO) is the fact that you can completely remove the cover easily when you need those extra inches.
I recommend my cover to anyone who asks, and do not regret the investment. Thanks, Peragon!

Last edited by Elbog; 08-22-2014 at 01:01 PM.
Old 08-20-2014, 11:36 PM
Sponsor
Originally Posted by Elbog
I recommend my cover to anyone who asks, and do not regret the investment. Thanks, Peragon!
Thank you very much for your positive review and thumbs up! If you need anything down the road, we'll be here!

Old 10-29-2014, 09:25 AM
Moderator &

Just chiming in...

My Peragon cover has been on my truck for over two years now. It's just as good today as it was when I put it on... this thing is built great and has been trouble-free. I take it off and put it on with some frequency and it's simple to do by myself.

This cover still gets TWO huge THUMBS UP from me.

-RP-

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Peragon Bed Cover Long Term Review?