Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Peragon Bed Cover Long Term Review?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2014, 01:19 PM
Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rockpick
My Peragon cover has been on my truck for over two years now. It's just as good today as it was when I put it on... this thing is built great and has been trouble-free. I take it off and put it on with some frequency and it's simple to do by myself.

This cover still gets TWO huge THUMBS UP from me.

-RP-
Awesome, great to hear! Thank you for the follow-up review!

Old 04-20-2015, 03:23 PM
I have to be honest. I have had nothing but problems with mine. It leaks like a sieve. Paragon sent me replacement seals with no improvement. I have realigned in multiple times. It has been on my 06 for 2 years now. I like it a lot from a security perspective though!

Old 04-20-2015, 09:43 PM
Sponsor
Originally Posted by Dezigninmotion
I have to be honest. I have had nothing but problems with mine. It leaks like a sieve. Paragon sent me replacement seals with no improvement. I have realigned in multiple times. It has been on my 06 for 2 years now. I like it a lot from a security perspective though!
I'm sorry to hear that! It sounds like you've already done some troubleshooting, but if there is anything else we can do to help, we will. A little leakage along the edges or in the corners would be considered normal, but if you're getting a lot of water, then something is likely wrong that could be fixed. Of course, the tough thing with water is that each person's definition of "a lot" is different! Retractable or folding covers in general aren't waterproof, but provide a good balance of flexibility, security and weather protection. If you reach out to our Support team at 877-473-7246 or support@peragon.com, we could also loop in an engineer to see if we can track down the culprit.

Thank you for the kudos on security!

Old 04-25-2015, 08:22 AM
Originally Posted by Peragon
I'm sorry to hear that! It sounds like you've already done some troubleshooting, but if there is anything else we can do to help, we will. A little leakage along the edges or in the corners would be considered normal, but if you're getting a lot of water, then something is likely wrong that could be fixed. Of course, the tough thing with water is that each person's definition of "a lot" is different! Retractable or folding covers in general aren't waterproof, but provide a good balance of flexibility, security and weather protection. If you reach out to our Support team at 877-473-7246 or support@peragon.com, we could also loop in an engineer to see if we can track down the culprit.

Thank you for the kudos on security!
Thanks for the reply. It was enough water that I couldn't keep anything that wasn't waterproof back there. The truck has been traded in just this past thursday so it is water under the bridge. I do have to say that you guys did a great job trying to help me solve the problem when I originally contacted you. I had new seals within 2 days to install.

Old 04-29-2015, 05:41 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
As has been mentioned, the customer service has been spectacular when I have contacted them as well. Fortunately, I've had ZERO issues with mine and it's as good today as the day I dropped it on to the truck. I'm still a huge fan and still get an occasional person walking up to me at a gas station or similar asking where I got it.

My personal opinion as a long-time user now (on the truck for about 3 years, I guess) is that it's a solid, well-built (in the US, I might add) product!

Old 04-29-2015, 06:49 PM
Sponsor
As has been mentioned, the customer service has been spectacular when I have contacted them as well. Fortunately, I've had ZERO issues with mine and it's as good today as the day I dropped it on to the truck. I'm still a huge fan and still get an occasional person walking up to me at a gas station or similar asking where I got it.

My personal opinion as a long-time user now (on the truck for about 3 years, I guess) is that it's a solid, well-built (in the US, I might add) product!
Thank you for the thumbs up!

Old 02-19-2016, 02:38 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I know I'm dredging up an oldie here but, just wanted to note that I'm pushing up around 4 years of this cover being installed on my truck. I use the cover but, I also accordion it back to haul larger things on occasion... I'm still nothing but pleased.

The seals are still in excellent shape and the paint is great (as others may tell you though, I'm a tad **** about painted surface care). I have had to jump in the back and tighten a couple of the connections to the truck (the ones that I put in when I originally installed it)... that, obviously, isn't a big deal in the least.

STILL two huge thumbs up from this Peragon'er.

Old 02-28-2016, 06:35 PM
Sponsor
I know I'm dredging up an oldie here but, just wanted to note that I'm pushing up around 4 years of this cover being installed on my truck. I use the cover but, I also accordion it back to haul larger things on occasion... I'm still nothing but pleased.

The seals are still in excellent shape and the paint is great (as others may tell you though, I'm a tad **** about painted surface care). I have had to jump in the back and tighten a couple of the connections to the truck (the ones that I put in when I originally installed it)... that, obviously, isn't a big deal in the least.

STILL two huge thumbs up from this Peragon'er.
Thank you very much for your long-term Peragon cover review update, good to hear! If that ever changes and you need anything, we'll be here!

Old 10-30-2019, 09:40 AM
Bed Extender & Peragon Tonneau not compatible

Originally Posted by Elbog
Since I posed my initial questions in this thread, let me follow up with a long-term review:
I have been very pleased with my cover; it's been on the truck for over a year. It has performed exactly as advertised for installation, fit, and finish. I was initially fearful about the exterior finish, but it still looks great with reasonable care, including the rubber strips between panels. It is the perfect compliment to the bedrug. As advertised, it is not waterproof - although it kept a bunch of band gear reasonably dry during a pretty substantial downpour (at least by SoCal standards - we've only had 3 inches of rain all year, but most of it arrived in a 2 day period, lol). I bought it primarily for security, and it delivers that. It also still looks great.
My only criticism is that I wish that the rails could be more flush with the bed, ala the bakflip, and I am religious about not setting (read dragging) anything on top of this cover. . . but I knew these things before buying and made the choice for price over the bakflip's promises of durability.
I can still use my bed extender; I just have to place it in or out, can't leave it connected and flip it. No big deal. A real advantage over the bakflip (IMO) is the fact that you can completely remove the cover easily when you need those extra inches.
I recommend my cover to anyone who asks, and do not regret the investment. Thanks, Peragon!
Are you saying that the bed extender can not be used when the Peragon Tonneau system is installed or I do not understand "place it in or out, can't leave it connected and flip it" I joined the forum to ask because I was interested in a tonneau cover.

Old 11-25-2019, 10:54 PM
You can use the bed extender with this cover, absolutely.
The rails that the cover rides on extend into the space that the bed extender would hit if you left it latched in place and attempted to move it from an interior position to the extended position over the tailgate. All that this means is that you can set it up, latch it in place either over the extended tailgate as a bed extender, or place it into the bed, latched in place, inside the bed for storage with the tailgate up. I usually store it this way; it provides a smaller storage area for stuff, keeping it from sliding forward. To switch it from one position to another, you must pull the extender out and re-insert it. The cover closes with the extender in either position.
Before the rails for this cover were installed, I could leave the extender latched and rotate it back and forth. That this is no longer possible is "not a big deal."
I'm still very happy with the cover.

Last edited by Elbog; 11-25-2019 at 11:01 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 05-15-2020, 06:47 AM
How easily do rails break under load?

Quick Reply: Peragon Bed Cover Long Term Review?