Bedliners, Caps, Tops & Lids
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fold a cover

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 09:44 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TruckGuy616: Can you compare/contrast the G4 Elite with the AFC Classic? Thanks!

Old 10-18-2012, 02:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TruckGasm
TruckGuy616: Can you compare/contrast the G4 Elite with the AFC Classic? Thanks!
TruckGasm,

I've really only seen a couple of the Advanced covers, and I think both were there X5 Supra I think.

From the looks of it of the AFC Classic, the rear panel opens with a pull string from under the tonneau, meaning you have to open the tailgate first (same as Bak or Extang), and the front has a two handed rotary latch system. Not sure why they went that route to be honest. Again, with the G4 Elite, it's a flat latch handle that opens with one hand from either the front or rear of the bed, and you never have to open the tailgate.

Also, the G4 Elite uses automotive striker bolts and latches at the 4 outside points, plus 4 additional mounting points under the cover. Those 8 points of attachment mean the cover is extremely secure and locked down. I can't find any info on how many latch points the AFC classic uses, but I can see that it is a less secure slam-latch type system.

My last point is pure opinion, so you can take it as you wish, but the couple covers that I have seen from Advanced just didn't impress me. Both of the owners essentially said they went with them because they were the cheaper option. They didn't look that nice overall, the hinge seals looked pretty thin, and the build quality seemed a little "off". For example, we cover the cables that operate the latch underneath with rubber seals to protect them from being damaged by cargo or the elements when open - Advanced just leaves all their cables exposed and uncovered (you can find some pictures of this on their facebook page). Again, this is my personal opinion, but I've seen other covers, not just the G4 Elite, that looked better made.

The last thing I'll mention is actually something someone on another forum pointed out to me which I never thought of. He said the Fold-a-Cover is more secure because tonneaus like the AFC Classic, Extang Encore, and Bakflip that use the pull string can all be opened using a wire-hanger through the gap by the tailgate. I HAVE NOT VERIFIED THIS, and I don't know if the angle would work, but next chance I get, I will be testing this! I don't want to give any people out there a way to break into peoples trucks, but on the flip side, I'd want to know about this as a security issue if I were dropping good money on a hard folding tonneau cover. If anyone out there owns one of those and can provide their thoughts, please chime in...I'm not trying to start any rumors here.

Last edited by TruckGuy616; 10-18-2012 at 02:58 PM.
Old 03-07-2014, 12:15 AM
The discount codes do not work???????????????

Old 03-07-2014, 10:07 AM
Former Sponsor
New Coupon Codes

Originally Posted by Jerriebosier
The discount codes do not work???????????????

The coupon codes get changed every so often.

The new one for $25.00 off is F15014FAC

Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help!

Old 12-01-2014, 02:25 PM
I tried to use the code above but it is not working. Has this been updated?

Old 12-01-2014, 02:42 PM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by Steelcitytampa
I tried to use the code above but it is not working. Has this been updated?
The Forum Discount coupon codes are not valid with the Black Friday or Cyber Monday sales. $190.00 off is the best price available on a new Fold-a-Cover tonneau cover and $270.00 off is the best price on a G4 Elite & Personal Caddy bundle.

Old 01-24-2015, 07:48 PM
is their still the $270 off a g4 and caddy bundle?
thanks

Quick Reply: Fold a cover