Is Linex the best spray in bed liner to get

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2015, 09:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
...seriously, man...you really crack me up!! Name:  rofl.gif
Views: 4612
Size:  1.2 KB Name:  rofl.gif
Views: 4612
Size:  1.2 KB I don't think I got half of what you typed, but...

You don't need $250K for a franchise. I certainly did not have (or need) $250K for my franchise.

8 mils of anything is not going work as an adequate spray-on bedliner, at least not for people who use their truck like a truck. In addition, I don't think any of my customers would want a paint protection film (PPF) as a truck bedliner. Holy Smoke, that cracks me up Name:  smilielol.gif
Views: 4625
Size:  8.9 KB

I hate to tell you, but Spray-Liner is not the first to come out with a clear bedliner. CrystaLiner has had one for many years and to be quite honest, it looks absolutely horrible! That's probably why you will have a hard time finding a dealer.

OK, I'm done...Have a nice day!

Attached Images
File Type: gif
rofl.gif (1.2 KB, 210 views)
Old 01-05-2017, 04:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another Line-X - Gone - Bullet Liner Dealers jumps to SLC

Originally Posted by TruckGasm
LINE-X Premium is my number one seller. It's a few extra dollars, but it's probably the best "bang for your buck" you can get with a bedliner. It looks GREAT, it's a darker black, and very durable. Unless you have a tonneau cover over the bed, you're crazy not to get it!

Platinum is not for everyone, it's formulated for extreme duty. If you don't use your truck bed in that way, then Premium is fine.
LINE-X LOST ANOTHER DEALER TO SPRAY-LINING & COATINGS. Yup, SLC duplicates brands like Line-X. Yes, Bullet Liner is owned by Claudio Burton who started & sold Line-X. Uh Huh, that brand is known for quality. Yes-er-ee, Bullet & SLC reps know simple methods for competing dealers paying premiums for use of a name that's not theirs. We know that a large % of branded dealerships are frustrated on their regulations & expenses or just amortizing that big fee. We also know & respect that's how franchises works, right? If you've managed to pay of your investment & succeed at Line-X you are in the minority. The name is good, the polyureas are good, equipment, etc are fine. Branding is not a bad thing. Spray-Lining & Coatings administration simply produces same & higher spec polyurea at much lower prices & distributes Graco & PMC for less $ than any brand. So SLC dealers can provide more bedliner, i.e. thicker is better, for much less retail. That's all.

Attached Thumbnails Is Linex the best spray in bed liner to get-bedl.jpg   Is Linex the best spray in bed liner to get-bedl2.jpg   Is Linex the best spray in bed liner to get-flatbdspryd.jpg   Is Linex the best spray in bed liner to get-boat-deck6.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: docx
BED DONE.docx (81.0 KB, 140 views)
File Type: docx
AK-BEDL-JEEP-ROKR.docx (85.4 KB, 397 views)
Old 01-05-2017, 04:32 PM
JEFFBOY, I know you try really really hard, but you're information is never accurate.

For example, the Burtin's do NOT own Bullet Liner. It was sold to Accella Performance Materials in September of 2015.

You said, "If you've managed to pay of your investment & succeed at Line-X you are in the minority."
What information do you have to support that statement?

You said, "...simply produces same & higher spec polyurea at much lower prices."
What information do you have to support that statement?

Last edited by TruckGasm; 01-05-2017 at 04:49 PM.
Old 01-06-2017, 04:18 PM
Received 45 Likes on 44 Posts
I know .... 2015 posts.

Originally Posted by JackandJanet
One thing you COULD do, to protect standard Line-X from sun damage is to place a rubber mat in the bed on top of the Line-X. It makes crawling in to the bed easier on the knees too.

It may sound stupid to add a rubber mat to the Line-X, but if you put boulders, concrete blocks, and firewood into the bed as I tend to do, it adds an extra layer of protection.
Mine came to me with a new Line-X liner by PO, I found it hard on knees so I did the rubber mat for that reason alone, it was cheap on sale at TSC. Mine has a cover anyway.

Later I was given a 6.5 foot Chevy drop in to get rid of, I trimmed sides and such and it lays on top of the rubber for easy sliding ... I would not have paid for it but for free .... and a few minutes with a sawzall ... why not.

Originally Posted by Raoul
First time I got home from the store I had to chase a can of beans all the way up to the cab. I said, To heck with this. So, yeah those 2x6s are 16 years old too.
I made a net same reason but that wooden wall looks A-OK and has stood the test of time.

Old 08-25-2017, 02:04 PM
Re: Best Spray in Bed Liner

I wager Topper King's bedliner is not an across the country guarantee.
http://automobiledecor.com/best-spra...liner-reviews/

Old 08-25-2017, 02:18 PM
glc
Received 761 Likes on 704 Posts
The reviews on that site are only for do-it-yourself products.

Old 11-18-2017, 02:54 AM
I used Line-x!

Old 12-04-2017, 07:33 PM
Best Spray-in Liner for Full Jeep or truck Exterior

Many jeep and truck owners, even boat owners are wanting bedliner applied to exterior parts or full exterior. I now operate zone 3, SLC distributor for polyurea. On Line-x hoax via spray-lining owner team, I allowed James Bell to post through me 4/2015. Many folks who want their whole vehicle coated find conflicting info. Brands like Line-X or Rhino are good quality but most applicators, i.e. dealers are inexperienced. An average full sized jeep or truck, exterior and interior should be well under $3600. DIY kits are similar (spray-rig is not a high pressure, heated fusion pump so it takes over 15 min to dry) = under $1,000.

Attached Thumbnails Is Linex the best spray in bed liner to get-intl-harvester-joeys.jpg   Is Linex the best spray in bed liner to get-blu-bed-spdl.jpg   Is Linex the best spray in bed liner to get-humr.jpg   Is Linex the best spray in bed liner to get-slc-undercoat.jpg   Is Linex the best spray in bed liner to get-slc-most-trk.jpg  

Attached Images  
Old 12-06-2017, 05:16 PM
Good afternoon!

If you don't mind, I'll comment on a couple of points. I won't comment on Rhino, but I will comment on LINE-X.

Experience:
You mentioned that LINE-X dealers are inexperienced. LINE-X has been around for about 30 years. In addition, LINE-X dealers are franchised and are required to have Corporate taught hands-on training prior to operating a store. In addition, LINE-X offers some sort of continuing education training every year. Personally, I have about 14 years of experience that includes advanced training conducted by SSPC only for LINE-X dealers.

Exterior Applications:
I've had to keep a waiting list for exterior applications since 2012; can't get them done fast enough! Nice pictures, but you only show black. We can apply practically any color. We use aromatics, aliphatics, thin coat products, thick coat, fast gel time, slow gel time products, etc. Obviously, the price will vary depending on the product.

Last edited by TruckGasm; 12-06-2017 at 05:21 PM.
Old 04-04-2018, 10:27 AM
Here's some new information regarding Spray-Lining. Perhaps JEFFBOY would like to comment?

https://www.greatfallstribune.com/st...urt/477188002/

Old 10-15-2018, 11:07 PM
<Bump>

This has been a VERY educational discussion. Thanks, all.

Just bought my 1st truck -- a 2016 XLT Crew Cab.

I think Line-X Premium is the 2nd upgrade (after a Clear Bra) for this vehicle. (It's a "work vehicle" because I live on some property and I'll be moving slash, logs, dirt, etc.) I'm not sure yet if I plan to get a roll-up or folding tonneau. I know I don't want a hard top cover. I have too much need for above-the-side-rails cartage.

You guys are great!

Quick Reply: Is Linex the best spray in bed liner to get