Bedliners, Caps, Tops & Lids
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Extang Trifecta Fit?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 12:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Extang Trifecta Fit?

I'm a new owner of a Ford F150 FX4 and added an Extang Trifecta cover and have a few questions;

1. Near the cab, the seal does not close the gap due to the plastic ford rail cover not extending across the front of the bed near the cab. I'm thinking of cutting a slice through the seal in line with the plastic cap so the seal falls to the front of the cab, basically allowing the seal to sit on three sections of the front of the bed, on the left and right rail cover and one seal on the front of the bed. Does this make sense?

2. The clamps that tighten the Trifecta to the bed rail contact the plastic rail cover before the steel rail. Should I tighten the clamps so tightly that the plastic 'bows' up until the clamp lip fits snugly under the steel rail? I'm thinking of cutting a piece of the plastic rail cover with an exacto knife so the clamps always contact the metal rail instead of the plastic rail cover.

Other than that, the Trifect seems like a great tonneau cover. I had a tonneau similar to the Extang Fulltilt for 6 years and I really think I will like the Trifecta better. And my new FX4 is awesome.....

Old 08-27-2011, 08:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If I am not mistaken, The full tilt I just installed on my work truck, the instructions said to remove the plastic bedrails. If you don't want to do that, and I don't blame you, get a strip of weather striping and try that.

Quick Reply: Extang Trifecta Fit?