Bedliners, Caps, Tops & Lids
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Raider -lorider tonneau covers.

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 06:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Raider -lorider tonneau covers.

Anyone ordered one lately,what is going on with there quality control.I have ordered 3 Fiberglass covers for my 2009 f150, all 3 were sent back for damage. I am a little disappointed with this company,I have been a customer for at least 20 years,you think they could at least respond to my email.

Last edited by Toolcrib; 04-09-2009 at 06:30 PM.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:34 PM
I've had my Lorider for a year now and have had no problems. It leaked some during hurricane Ike but when you have 110 mph winds and rain coming at you sideways it's hard to keep the water out.

Old 04-10-2009, 08:34 AM
Originally Posted by DJ2007
I've had my Lorider for a year now and have had no problems. It leaked some during hurricane Ike but when you have 110 mph winds and rain coming at you sideways it's hard to keep the water out.
I have had 6 total lorider covers through the years,and never once had a problem with the fit or the finish. That is why I cant figure out what is going on with there quality control.

Old 04-10-2009, 08:54 AM
I had to email them 3 times, the 3rd time pretty much demanding an answer. My cap was a mess. Paint job was terrible, finishing detail was a hack job and the fit was awful. I'm now waiting for them to make me a new one. I hope they do better this time.
Raider was bought out by the same conglomerate that owns Leer and Century. I think they may be intentionally degrading the quality, to justify charging $200-$300 more for a Leer.
ie.: 3 brands - 3 quality levels - 3 price ranges.
If they were all the same then nobody would spend the extra dough.
No matter what you buy, you're buying from the same company. With no competition, they don't need to worry about quality.

There's been some shuffling around in their head office too, with people coming and going and being shifted between companies.
I think some people got fed up and left.

If I had known this when I ordered my cap, I would gladly have spent the extra dough for the Leer (which I guess is what they want) and saved myself a lot of frustration and aggravation.

Anyone else having these problems?

Old 04-10-2009, 09:03 AM
5-speed08xl--That is good information to know,I was wondering why they were being shipped from the US,they used to be made in western Canada I believe.

Old 04-10-2009, 12:01 PM
"Raider was bought out by the same conglomerate that owns Leer and Century. I think they may be intentionally degrading the quality, to justify charging $200-$300 more for a Leer.
ie.: 3 brands - 3 quality levels - 3 price ranges.
If they were all the same then nobody would spend the extra dough.
No matter what you buy, you're buying from the same company. With no competition, they don't need to worry about quality."

The same goes with lawn mower manufacture companys. MTD makes mowers for a lot of brands and sell them at different prices and quality. Do you know when Raider Industries was bought out? I guess I was lucky in getting my cover. Good luck to yall getting your issues resolved with them.

Old 04-10-2009, 12:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Raider was around a lot about three years ago but then sort of disappeared until the last 6 months or so. I'm seeing a lot more of them lately.

Old 08-16-2010, 09:20 PM
Apologize for restarting an old thread but does anyone have any idea how I might get into a lorider cover when the push button breaks? Thanks for any help.

Old 08-16-2010, 10:17 PM
Sorry ddmx3, I can't help you with that, but since you revived the thread I'll post a little follow-up. They sent me another cap and its a piece of crap too. I wanted to just send it back but I really needed a cap, and had to use it so I took it home, but I told the dealer I was just borrowing it until they fixed me up. I ended up spending hours with numerous phone calls to some rep. who worked for all 3 companies. To make a long story short, he ended up refunding me half of my money. I thought I'd be able to sell it but I can't so I guess I'm stuck with it.
Stay away from Raider and Century. They're the same junk, just with different stickers.

Old 06-09-2016, 07:58 PM
Convert Push Button

I want to convert the push button for my Lo Rider Elite on my 2001 KR to a twist handle, Raider just said they didn't have a conversion (no help at all). I am thinking that the Leer #113436 Kit may work, any suggestions?

Quick Reply: Raider -lorider tonneau covers.