Bedliners, Caps, Tops & Lids
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Line-X overspray

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 05:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Line-X overspray

Got my bed sprayed the other day and they oversprayed just below the window on the passenger side. So now I ahve a vary obvious ridge for about a foot and a half running along my box . The dealer says all they can do is grind it down and put a dust coat on but it will not look good. Otherwise it looks great.

Old 03-10-2008, 06:50 PM
I had a little overspray on my rear bumper. I was actually able to scrape it off with my finger nail. It was very minor though, sounds like you have a bit more.

Old 03-10-2008, 08:02 PM
Originally Posted by Dragoon41
The dealer says all they can do is grind it down and put a dust coat on but it will not look good.
Way wrong answer. Time to start working the phones, because that is unacceptable.

Old 03-10-2008, 08:26 PM
Dealer is the only game in town, if he can't do anything about it not sure what I can do. I cna't afford to get it all scraped out and re-done.

Old 03-10-2008, 10:50 PM
its there mistake, they should fix it... i got my bed and toolbox done today, and they told me they will fix any mistakes, and there was a tiny spot that had nothing at all on it and the guy fixed it before i left... but i feel your pain, i had a light tint put on my front windows a while ago and the guy cut into my leather seat... dropped a knife maybe? but now i have to deal with him fixing that

Old 03-11-2008, 10:34 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is it possible for you to post a picture of it? Perhaps I can help you.

Old 03-11-2008, 04:21 PM
Truck is at the dealership getting my free accessories put on atm. When it gets back i will post a picture.

On a side note I already went once today to pick up my truck and the tow mirror they added was wired wrong and the toggle stick's control of the mirror was out by 90 degrees if that makes sense.

Old 03-11-2008, 05:47 PM
So here is the pic from the back. It is in the top right below the support the troops ribbon.

And here are the close ups.

hmm was hoping for the pictures but i guess links work too.

Old 03-11-2008, 05:53 PM
Looks like they ran it just below there as well - I always heard they couldn't do that with Line-X. Good luck.

Old 03-11-2008, 06:34 PM
I thought you meant they oversprayed on your paint or window or something. Didn't realize you meant on the box itself :o

Old 03-11-2008, 09:51 PM
That run really sucks. Sorry bout your luck. I had mine done today (colored white) and I wasn't overlly impressed with their work either. The product looks great but the white overspray on the license plate and all the plastic ie.. the bed rails, rear wheel opening moldings, and bumper pad it was rediculous. I started wiping it down while it was still in their shop commenting on it but not mad, and the kid was saying maybe it was already there. Now that got to me I could have smacked him right in the chops, it has 3098 miles, I washed it twice yesterday (dont ask) and put on my new license plate. " Trust me" I said "it was not there, I painted cars for almost 10 years I know what overspray is." Anyway sorry to vent on your post I got my problems sorted out hope all goes well for you.

Old 03-12-2008, 09:35 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by Copenhagen848
I thought you meant they oversprayed on your paint or window or something. Didn't realize you meant on the box itself :o
Same here. Get a toolbox or something. You'll never have to look at it again.

Originally Posted by 1d9n7r8
The product looks great but the white overspray on the license plate and all the plastic ie.. the bed rails, rear wheel opening moldings, and bumper pad it was rediculous.
That stinks, but it should come off easily. I had a liittle bit of overspray on my truck too, which sometimes, no matter how good a job you do of masking off, just happens. The dealer just scraped it right off with a little plastic scraper and his fingernail. I'm no Line-X man, but I believe if it isn't sprayed on a properly prepped surface, then any overspray should simply come right off. I'm guessing that's what happened since you said you got it taken care of though.

Last edited by tardman91; 03-12-2008 at 09:39 AM.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:51 AM
HJ1
Dragoon

Thats ridiculous. They did a really bad job and should be responsible for their work. I would be in their face 24/7 until they fix it. I can't believe theres no fix for this. Thats just utter nonsence. If you wanted those kinda results you could have done it yourself with a spray can. For what they charge for line-x no way you have to accept that crappy job. I would think they can grind this down and reapply but I dont really know the actual process. Theres gotta be a fix for this.

Old 03-12-2008, 10:37 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That should not look that way and it can be fixed. I suggest you let me talk to the dealer first. Send a PM to me with the dealer's phone number and let me make a call for you. (YIKES, you're in Canada, do they have an 800#?)

The dealer should not have let that truck leave his shop that way.

Last edited by TruckGasm; 03-12-2008 at 10:40 AM.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:13 AM
Originally Posted by tardman91
Same here. Get a toolbox or something. You'll never have to look at it again.
Sorry, I can't more strongly disagree with this statement. It costs around $400 to get Regular Line-X Sprayed in and I would NEVER accept a POS job like that. You paid for a job to be done and done PROPERLY, not half assed. If you had your car painted would any one accept runs like that in their paint?? HELL NO.

Get them to fix it at their expense, PERIOD.

Rant over.

Quick Reply: Line-X overspray