Bedliners, Caps, Tops & Lids
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

best bedliner for the money?

Old 12-22-2005, 03:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
im glad im not buying tires anytime soon...so many brands, i can only imagine the battles we'd have between say the goodyear tire people and michelin...i do need bigger tires though...waiting for my bedliner, i ordered it a few days ago, i guess it should be a few days? i cant wait to use my bed finally...i dont want to scratch it so i havent really thrown anything in it yet. scratches=rust...

Old 12-23-2005, 09:31 AM
Tires

I have a real like for the **** Cepek FC-II tires. Quiet on road, tough as nails, and great in every condition - except deep mud (OK there). Sort of like your DualComp liner - great in 99% of all situations and OK in the other 1%!

Old 12-23-2005, 04:59 PM
I received, and installed, the DualComp bedliner, today.
Fit was pretty good and it looks sturdy.
I wasn't too happy about having to drill 4 holes in my tailgate. I doubt if the very small tube of rust proofer will do much good.
Basically, it is like a drop-in liner with a heavy rubber bedmat.
Time will tell if I like it as well, or better, than the LineX and Rhino spray-ins I have had on other trucks. At $250, including shipping, it is fairly priced.

Old 12-23-2005, 11:51 PM
Line-x

Originally Posted by triton-time!
im new to this forum, not new to trucks, but i bought an 05 lariat f150 and i want a good bedliner. are there any alternatives to spray in bedliners? no penda liners or anything like those either. they hold water like swimming pools, stuff slides around and makes a mess, and im a carpenter, so i always have stuff in the bed of my truck. is their any good compromise here? one that wont be a pool and retain water, scuff and scratch the hell out of my new truck like my sh**ty penda liner did from vibrating, but i also dont want a spray in liner thats going to chip and fade and still allow my truck to get all dented...i mean its a truck and all, thats what its for, but its MY BRAND NEW TRUCK! just cause its a truck doesnt mean that i want to beat the bed to hell. am i asking too much? help me if you can...
I have no knowledge of Rhino liners, but I do have a Line-x and it is tough as nails.

Old 12-23-2005, 11:54 PM
spay ins

Originally Posted by jdew1920
Personally I think spray-ins are not worth the money but that's just my opinion.

Might want to check out something called DualComp liner. Its got a rubber mat for the floor (totally non skid) and plastic walls pieces. I think it looks like a nice compromise that might work for you.
I would have to disagree. A spary in liner is as tough as they come.
Nothing gets between the liner and the bed of the truck. I have no knowledge of the Rhino brand but the Line-X is tough as nails, and well worth the money.

Old 12-24-2005, 12:05 AM
Line-X

Originally Posted by walc
Line-X sure looks better than Viper and Rhino.
I notice that the Line-X isn't sprayed over the bed bolts. The Line-X dealer, here, in Salisbury, MD, claims he doesn't have the tools to remove the bed bolts. The Rhino dealer, Preston Ford, in Preston, MD, likewise. In other words, they are too lazy to do a good job for $500-$600. That's one of the reasons I have a DualComp on order.
The Line-x dealer here in Escondido CA. removed the bolts and stuff and did an great job. They even removed my drain coves and sprayed them beore they put them back.

Old 12-24-2005, 10:06 AM
Originally Posted by rdsii64
The Line-x dealer here in Escondido CA. removed the bolts and stuff and did an great job. They even removed my drain coves and sprayed them beore they put them back.
How much did they charge?

Old 12-24-2005, 02:03 PM
best bedliner for the money?

Ahhh...the Great Stickey Wicket Bedliner Question.

Which is the BEST bedliner, or which is the best for the money? Without reservation, I will say the Line-X Spray-In is the BEST. Whether or not you want to pay between $ 425 and $ 475 is something you have to decide.

I've on my 9th Pickup Truck right now. I've had mats, drop-ins, rugs, the whole thing. They all work to one degree or another, but my last truck (2000 F150) I had a Line-X installed - as much as I was curious about them as anything - and liked it so much that when I got my new 05 Supercrew, that was the first stop to get one sprayed in there as well.

I use my truck bed. It's not a show-truck. I haul fine furniture in the back (my business) as well as topsoil and sand around my property at home. I use a front end loader to scoop out earth materials as well from the back. The Line-X is MUCH, MUCH tougher than a poly drop-in, and can stand up to the front end loader scoop as long as you scrape instead of dig with it.

The Line-X does NOT skid. That's important because I don't want things moving around back there. They don't crack/fracture/shrink/expand like the poly/plastic liners do over time. Plus, they come with a lifetime warranty. You nail 'em hard, they fix 'em for you free of charge (provided its not collison damage).

Rhino liners are similar, but they're more coarse in appearance and less 'finished' looking. Of course, the installer has a lot to do with it as well, look at one of his jobs to see how well the tape job was done, and overspray, etc. I have an excellent Line-X shop here in VA, and would never use anything else from here on out.

Duane C.

Old 12-27-2005, 11:03 AM
Originally Posted by walc
I received, and installed, the DualComp bedliner, today.
Fit was pretty good and it looks sturdy.
I wasn't too happy about having to drill 4 holes in my tailgate. I doubt if the very small tube of rust proofer will do much good.
Basically, it is like a drop-in liner with a heavy rubber bedmat.
Time will tell if I like it as well, or better, than the LineX and Rhino spray-ins I have had on other trucks. At $250, including shipping, it is fairly priced.
i got my dualcomp liner right after i made my last post, but ive been busy and havent had time to get on here and share my thoughts...its funny, im spending almost as much time playing online then i did installing the dualcomp liner! (like 20 mins) first of all, mine fit awwsome! the sides lock into the front piece. it looks exactly like a spray in, and it fits very tight against the bed like one, so ive lost no storage space. (just like a spray in...) drilling the 4 holes into my tailgate was kinda scary...drilling into my new truck?!!! they give you a little packet thing of rust stopper stuff, but i had my own in the shop that i bought from ace hardware for like 2 bucks, i just used that because i have rustaphobia... the mats heavy, it rolls in and locks into a channel thing in the sides...sounds complicated but it was really easy if you have the smallest bit of common sense. i did this on christmas eve thinking it was going to be a good escape from the wife and her parents, it wasnt. it took like 20 minutes and i was forced to test the liner, to burn up at least another hour.. i put stuff in the back, drove around, it doesnt slide around at all, i love it. if you drive normally that is. i had put a circular saw and a few other things, normal construction stuff i always have with me, in the back and gone for a drive, and it wasnt sliding and i wanted to see what it would take to get it to slide, so i took a corner really hard and fast, and my damn saw rolled into the right side and now its broken. that ruined my mood a little bit, i feel kind of dumb for being so childish in my driving, but on the bright side, it didnt slide...it rolled so im happy (about the liner) tomorrow at work im going to do some more testing...this thing is neat!

Old 01-02-2006, 03:50 PM
so its been almost a week, thought id do some followup and final thoughts. things dont slide around in the bed of my truck. i dont have to tie things down that im hauling. the saw rolled and broke, but thats because i was being dumb, and it was an old cheap saw, so i dont care. when i first got it the mat wasnt quite settled, it had a few high spots, but they're gone and its nice and flat like its supposed to be. must be from shipping or something. i filled it full of wood scraps that i threw down from the second story of a house im building, no damage whatsoever to my truck bed or sidewalls. i love how ford increased the sidewall height, its easier to haul more. i think this is going to be a great investment for a long time, im 110% satisfied, and ill gladly tell anyone who asks what i think is the best liner out there, my dualcomp liner. thanks to all who pointed me in the right direction, and to bryndon. this thing rocks!

Old 01-02-2006, 06:19 PM
triton-time,
I second your post.

Old 01-04-2006, 09:07 AM
Thanks guys! Love to hear your great reviews!

Old 01-04-2006, 11:05 AM
I just finished installing a dual-comp. comments: it took me more than 20 minutes, mainly b/c I didn't know I needed a tamper-resistant star bit for the screws on the tie-down hooks (note to Ford--doncha think the bad guys know the way to Autozone?). other than that it went in pretty well; fit on mine is good but not perfect--about like my last drop-in.

I like the rubber bed mat b/c I use my truck mostly for hauling dirt bikes, & the slick drop-in made for some interesting moments when wrestling wet, muddy bikes. wish the tailgate cover were made of the same stuff; if it proves too slick, I'll get a rubber 1.

I've tried bed mats, homemade bed rug/liners, a drop-in & now a dual-comp. so far I like the dc the best of what I've tried, & will see as I get some use on it. for 40% or so less $, it is a nice alternatvie to the spray-ins.

Old 01-06-2006, 09:18 AM
Originally Posted by BJEC1248
I didn't know I needed a tamper-resistant star bit for the screws on the tie-down hooks (note to Ford--doncha think the bad guys know the way to Autozone?).
I never ran into one with the tamper resistant fasteners - is yours an '06?

Thanks for all the comments on our bedliners!

Old 01-06-2006, 11:41 AM
Originally Posted by Bryndon
I never ran into one with the tamper resistant fasteners - is yours an '06?

Thanks for all the comments on our bedliners!
The screws for the 4 tie-downs, in the bed, of my 2006 F-150, require a star torx bit, for removal. Whether or not they are called "tamper resistent", they aren't coming off w/o star torx.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: best bedliner for the money?