Bedliners, Caps, Tops & Lids
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bedliner Thickness (spray in)

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2001, 02:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Bedliner Thickness (spray in)

I just fought with a company here in MGM AL with my Scorpion Liner. They did a good looking job, but the thickness was about like a thick coat of paint. They finally did another coat, and it looks how I want it. Most of these liners advertisements say "up to a quarter inch thick" I have yet to see one be that thick. What I see is about 1/8th of an inch which is about what mine is now. Is this a normal thing across the nation with these spray in liners being thinner than advertised. I wonder if some of these people installing them are trying to skimp on materials. Just curious.

------------------
1995 F-150XL 302/AODE JBA Headers/Cat-Back 2 1/4" No Muffler,
K&N Filter, Eagle Alloy Wheels, Spray in Bedliner, Etc..

Old 02-22-2001, 05:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

I have a Scorpion spray-in liner also. It is about 1/8" thick, medium texture, midnight green. Cost about $400 - I was expecting thicker material also. The guy said he did 2 coats on the bed floor and tailgate, and one coat on the sides. The good thing about Scorpion is that it has a lifetime warranty - any repairs are free!

I think that 1/4" thick thing was started by Rhino but you have to pay the highest price (like $600+) to get that. Even Rhino's standard and mid-range coating is about 1/8" thick at best.

If I would have known all this to start with, I would have just bought that do-it-yourself roll-in bedliner, given it 3 or 4 coats, and kept about $200 in my pocket.

By the way, my sig says Rhino liner just because I was sick and tired of explaining what a Scorpion spray in bedliner was. Rhino is a more familiar name.

------------------
Howie's Effie
Amazon Green 2000 F150 XLT 5.4L 4x4 ORP Supercab Flareside
Captains Chairs, Electronic Shift, Rear Slider, Keyless Entry, Cab Steps, 3.55 L/S
Mods: Superchip, FIPK, Flowmaster Force II, Rhino Liner, fogs + hibeams

Old 02-23-2001, 10:14 AM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Lightbulb

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Howies_effie:

By the way, my sig says Rhino liner just because I was sick and tired of explaining what a Scorpion spray in bedliner was. Rhino is a more familiar name.

</font>
LOL Howie! Do you drive a Ford XLT or did you just get sick and tired of explaining what you really drive?

(The LINE-X is about 1/8 inch also)

------------------
1999 Ford F150 Lariat RegCab shortbed 5.4L 3.55LS Towpkg Line-X
15.714@85.21

Old 03-10-2001, 01:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I won a Rhino lining at the Chicago Auto Show last year and the job they done was great. I would say the coat they done on the floor of the bed is 1/4 to 3/8 inch thick and on the sides between 1/8 and 1/4. One other good thing about it being that thick I was able to get rid of two sand bags this year because of the extra weight.

Quick Reply: Bedliner Thickness (spray in)