Go Back   F150online Forums > Special Interest > Articles & How-To's
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Photos Vin Decoder FAQ Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read VendorsGarage

Old 11-14-2011, 05:44 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2000 Ford F150
Interior Cabin air filter install pics

Boy its been years since I posted here but still have my F150. I had a member email asking if I still had the directions for the cabin air filter install I did with the kit yrs ago. He mentioned individual parts were still available but no directions or pics on install anywhere. I did find my directions and thought I would share them in case anyone needed them. Sorry pics may be large. If you install the kit or parts make sure to change the filter. Mine gets pretty nasty over the months so its definitely working.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:06 PM
2001 Ford F-150

Vehicle: 2001 Ford F150
Send a message via AIM to coobies5
awesome! this needs to be stickied.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:12 PM
2007 Ford F-150

Vehicle: 2007 Ford F150
I wish I had a cabin air filter.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:58 PM
2002 Ford F-150

Vehicle: 2002 Ford F150 5.4
David C. Shoun dcshoun
Send a message via AIM to Red02FX4
Yeah, I read about cabin air filters some time back and checked to see if that option was installed. But wasn't. Thanks for the reminder.... I will ask my local dealer about this since I would like to have it. Kudos

Nitto Terra Grappler 295/70/17's... Kenwood DDX512 DVD... Eclipse component speakers... Audiobahn A6601Q Amp
Recon Rear LED tails,3rd brake light & Xtreme Light bar... Magnaflow Cat-Back Duals...PHP Gryphon Tuner
---------------------------------------------------
http://www.f150online.com/forums/gen...-glossary.html
Old 11-15-2011, 09:45 AM
2003 Ford F-150

Vehicle: 2003 Ford F150
Turns out that my order was cancelled since even the individual parts have been discontinued :-(
I guess it is time to start digging junk yards.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:04 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Do you have any pics of it ? I'm trying to think up a way to make a cover and gasket.
Thanks
Old 11-16-2011, 04:09 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Sorry I meant to say "installed pics"
2003 F150 Supercrew, JBA Headers# 1679S, Magnaflow# 15609, Superchips Flashpaq, Gotts Mod, Alpine INA W900BT, Fold-A-Cover, Firestone Ride Rite Airbags, Derale 16508 trans cooler fan, transgo sk-aod shift kit, MSD 82428 coils ..... & worlds best thread killer...
Old 12-28-2011, 08:29 AM
Garage is empty, add now

Woulld this be the same for the expedition? Maybe good source at junkyard since more of them probably would have come with filters.

2003 ExtCab/Step Side Cobra Replica w 393 SBF
5.4 Blown & Smiling
Old 01-01-2012, 07:25 PM
1998 Ford Expedition

Vehicle: 1998 Ford Expedition
Where would i look to see if i have one?
Old 01-05-2012, 02:58 AM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2002 Ford F150
I've done this mod. You don't need the kit. There is a cover on the passenger side under the dash. Its held there by 3 screws. Take that off. Now keep in mind that this is a job for a circus contortionist. The directions for making the cut are good. Do that with some swearing and a sharp exact o or box cutter. The filter can carefully slide up there without all the brackets and stays put. You can even leave the cover off that you removed to get to this spot. The fit is really tight and the filter stays up there just fine.
I'll have to check if I have any pics of doing this. The filter does help keep the dust down inside the truck.
Old 01-10-2012, 03:41 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by f150dave2002 View Post
I've done this mod. You don't need the kit. There is a cover on the passenger side under the dash. Its held there by 3 screws. Take that off. Now keep in mind that this is a job for a circus contortionist. The directions for making the cut are good. Do that with some swearing and a sharp exact o or box cutter. The filter can carefully slide up there without all the brackets and stays put. You can even leave the cover off that you removed to get to this spot. The fit is really tight and the filter stays up there just fine.
I'll have to check if I have any pics of doing this. The filter does help keep the dust down inside the truck.
That is about the only option to do. I have checked various times at the junkyard and could never find a vehicle with a bracket assembly.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:35 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2003 Ford F-150
Quote:
Originally Posted by f150dave2002 View Post

Took a stab at the insert with a couple of pocket knives and carved that piece out...filter went up and in and I bolted that cover back in place. Haven't put tape across the filter yet...hope it won't be needed.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:52 AM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2003 S'crew
Was the cabin filter an option? I looked in my 2003 Lariet and I cant find anything that looks like the photos. Where is the filter assy located?
Old 05-20-2012, 12:13 AM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2003 Ford F-150
Yes, the CAF assembly was an option, but evidently very much unused or unordered. Whatever, because it's not available now and hasn't been for most of a decade, I figure. So, F150canuck, you won't see the jazz depicted in the photos, but what all that jazz attaches to.

The ducting is located behind the plastic cover located under the glove box. You can actually feel the area without taking the cover off. But, you will need to get comfy with being in a funny position to get leverage to do this. I was done in about an hour...ish, but that included checking the hockey game score and some gloating once it was done.

You can google F150 cabin air filter install and a couple of Youtubes come up. Watch 'em both. Since this current truck is going to be "retired" to chemical plant/refinery duty once I am done shopping for an '08, this definitely will come in handy for those dusty dirt roads.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=071sDEBUODQ
www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcpBVCoCBCY

One week in and mine is still in place with no worries. I dig these nifty little mods!

Last edited by AlfredB18; 05-20-2012 at 01:13 AM.
Old 05-20-2012, 12:13 AM