Articles & How-To's *NOW WITH VIDEO SECTION!*

07 XLT Fuel Filter Change with RED Clip

Old 10-27-2010, 03:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am having trouble getting the red clip side of the fuel line off of the fuel filter. The fuel filter has a lip that a red plastic piece is catching on. I dont know how to keep that piece from catching other then completely removing it with a screwdriver.

Old 12-28-2011, 04:03 PM
Great writeup. Thanks for the pictures. The information was very helpful and better than any service manual that I had read. My input on the tools is don't go for the plastic ones. Get the metal ones from Autozone. Not the scissors but the package that has separate ones for different sizes and color coded. Worth every penny if your going to use them often.

Old 05-10-2016, 10:08 PM
Ford Clips

These clips are absolutely stupid. Every GD one of them. I am 100% certain there is some a**hole who when given the opportunity does his best to make these a GD puzzle. It's intentional, it has to be. If the goal was to simply ensure that the fuel line would not come apart on its own, they would have left the clip design the same as it had previously been for 20 years. But no, some jerk off wanted to make a name for himself and designed a new clip for selfish reasons. There is no way a manager at any point said "you know what, we need a new clip design" and then assigned the task to an employee. If it's not broke then don't fix it a**holes....if you decide to then you are being a total pr*ck. I personally would like to know who designed this clip and who approved it for production. I would also like to know who approved the outsourcing of parts to China in addition to the jerk off who decided an oil filter mount needed a stupid plastic adapter. For all of them I would like 5 minutes alone....each.

Old 07-30-2019, 04:36 PM
Received 45 Likes on 44 Posts
I know, old thread but my truck still has a red clip. I've changed the filter before, just forgot how exactly the red clip comes loose, so THank You …. even if 9-10 years late.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 07 XLT Fuel Filter Change with RED Clip