Articles & How-To's *NOW WITH VIDEO SECTION!*

How to Remove 1997-2003 Supercab Rear Seat Back

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2013, 01:06 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to Remove 1997-2003 Supercab Rear Seat Back

I was looking around and nobody's written a how-to for removing the seat back in a 97-03 supercab which is a pain to figure out by yourself. Thought I'd put down an easy step by step way to do it, hopefully this will help someone. This was done my 2000 xlt, but I'm assuming it's the same for 97-03 s-cabs. This is actually pretty easy, takes about a minute if you can locate the clips properly.

The seat back is attached with 5 clips. 3 at the top: one on each corner and one in the middle, and two at the bottom in the center of the two outer 'seats' (these will be visible before they need to be released).

1. Put one hand between the seat and seat back below the clip.

2. Place your other directly above at the top. pull up from the bottom and out from the top HARD at the SAME TIME to release this clip.

3. Repeat this process in the middle and on the other side.

**The top is now free to rotate down. You should be able to see the locations of the two clips on the bottom, as well as how they're held in place.**

4. Go right where one is and push in hard with one hand at the bottom while lifting the seat back up with the other at the same time.

5. The last clip removes the same way.

You now have access to the rest of the bolts holding the seat bottoms to the frame, a neat place to tuck your amp if you're willing to do the work, or some good grounds for any electrical you might be putting in the back seat.

Last edited by F150SLC; 12-13-2013 at 03:29 AM. Reason: Clip locations
Old 12-12-2013, 05:41 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Going to copy this down to Tech Articles. Thanks for your contribution!!

Old 12-13-2013, 03:32 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glad to help! I updated the exact clip locations, they were a little off haha...

Quick Reply: How to Remove 1997-2003 Supercab Rear Seat Back