Articles & How-To's *NOW WITH VIDEO SECTION!*

Fuel Pump Driver Module Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 05:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by yellow stx
Actually no just kinda funny to see that on the same package, and why do they pay all that shipping to get them to the U.S. but seeing I work in a body shop a lot of times when you order parts for non us built cars they come with new fasteners. Try taking a bumper off a couple year old Nissan, snap off all the time. I am NOT a supporter of jap cars but that kinda came off wrong in my mind. Like I said this country needs to bring work back home not do it overseas This is not a rant.
I agree with you. Untill everyone in this country realizes that neigbors aren't to the immediate right and left, that they are ALL accross this nation, jobs will continue to disappear. I try my best to always buy USA made. Went to Advance a fews yrs back when I needed front rotors. Right on the box was " made in Mexico". I slid them back across the counter and told him I would go find the elsewhere that were USA made. He said " yer gonna pay more for them". I said "sooo". But what really peeved me was the look from several other people in the store; like I was an idiot. Go figure.

Old 02-01-2011, 06:54 PM
Fuel Pump Driver Module

Been owning and driving F-100s and F-150s since the early '70s. Traded in my '02 Crew Cab 4WD for an '08 Crew Cab 4WD with intentions of driving it for about 4 years and then trading down. Haven't had any issues until this morning - wouldn't start - cranked but wouldn't fire.
Had the beast towed to the dealer, told me later in the afternoon that it was the fuel pump driver module - going to cost $450 to replace, and not covered by warranty (why would I buy an extended warranty for a vehicle that I planned on using for four years). Now I read that this module is accessible and costs $140 - I feel betrayed by FMC.

Old 02-01-2011, 07:40 PM
It's a terrible place to locate an electrical module. The reality in life is you either have to know how to do it, or have the money to pay someone to do it. I work for an HVACR company, so I know what "shop rate" is and how many costs they have to cover.

Old 02-13-2011, 02:14 PM
Fuel Pump Driver Module

I plan on sending the module replaced at Quirk Ford to FMC - the part failed in my driveway, and the dealership replaced the module - not covered by warranty - the bill was $455. I took the part to a friend's garage, we cleaned the contacts, plugged it in and the truck started - so glad the mechanic took the time to inspect the part. Anyway - I think it's a load of crap that a 2 year old vehicle would have a part like this fail, and the company wouldn't stand behind it.

Old 02-15-2011, 09:09 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by markheinricher
...<snip>....Now I read that this module is accessible and costs $140 - I feel betrayed by FMC.
No, the cost of the part is FMC, the delta from 140.00 to what you paid is the dealer ( not part of Ford ).
Dealerships are individually owned, and all too often Ford catches grief for what the dealer does. Similar thought, you being blamed, for something your sibling(s) do. Not exactly fair, is it ?

Originally Posted by markheinricher
I plan on sending the module replaced at Quirk Ford to FMC - the part failed in my driveway, and the dealership replaced the module - not covered by warranty - the bill was $455. I took the part to a friend's garage, we cleaned the contacts, plugged it in and the truck started - so glad the mechanic took the time to inspect the part. Anyway - I think it's a load of crap that a 2 year old vehicle would have a part like this fail, and the company wouldn't stand behind it.
Rather then send it to FMC ( why got me, they are going to toss it in the trash ), install it back on your truck if you feel your diagnoses is that good.
If you are willing to put a potential '1:00 AM in the rain, crank no start' in your diagnoses, go for it. You can always sell the module on CL, and recoup part of the cost you paid out.

Check your warranty coverage, could have been an error in billing.
The coverage & exclusions in the paper work would list if electrical items are covered or not ( you make no mention of what kind of extended warranty you have, if it is power train only, no this would not be covered ).

Old 03-14-2011, 05:02 PM
Mine went out on Saturday while crossing the Mackinaw Bridge. That was awesome!

St. Ignace (MI for all you out of state folks) Ford dealer got it right in today and got it fixed. I was shocked that my Ford ESP plan DID NOT cover this item. I will be looking to ensure that its the one pictured above off the frame cross member.

Total damages were 140.00 for towing, and 188.22 for the part/labor from the dealer, so I'm happy with that price, but not the towing portion.

Old 03-23-2011, 01:48 AM
Just ordered a pair off of Tasca. One for my 2008 and one for the 2006 my old man bought off me. Looks like one of these weekends will be spent replacing both.

Old 04-09-2011, 07:00 PM
Mine is replaced, with Pics

I sprayed mine with some rustoleum black paint, hopefully won't need to replace it again

Old one:

New one:

Old 05-03-2011, 07:22 PM
im have issues with my expedition went to check on the above and i dont seem to have on of these on my rear end. looks like ill be changing the fuel pump on it

Old 05-13-2011, 12:38 AM
Anyone in Cali have this issue?Or is it mainly the east coast/ midwest are with road salt.Im thinking about checking mine on Saturday.

Old 05-17-2011, 11:54 AM
We have them IN STOCK, if anybody needs fuel pump driver modules,,,,mention that you saw it on the forum and we will give you a 10% discount for f150online members. You can call us direct at 800*528*6364 ask for Greg or Ricky

Normally, advertisments are not allowed except by paying vendors. However, due to the needs of the members for this item and the service it may provide, this ad is being allowed to stay in place.

Last edited by Bluejay; 05-22-2011 at 11:56 AM. Reason: To add note about selling on the site
Old 05-22-2011, 10:50 AM
Originally Posted by 05redF150
Mine just went out was told at least a month to get one. No one has one in Ohio.
Mine died on friday ( 5-20-2011) and Ohio still doesn't have any.

Old 05-23-2011, 03:24 PM
My truck was running rough when I decided to take a look at my FPDM. I took it off and the back had 2 holes in it the size of a quarter and the metal was inside which was probably shorting it out. I live in ohio and every dealer I called has them on order and the soonest they could have me one was july. I couldn't wait that long so I ordered mine off of ebay new for 120 bucks including shipping/tax.

Old 05-28-2011, 06:20 PM
Originally Posted by rojoscrewkab05
Anyone in Cali have this issue?Or is it mainly the east coast/ midwest are with road salt.Im thinking about checking mine on Saturday.
I am in SoCal, a little over 40k on my '04, that has been well kept. I just looked at mine today and it is starting to corrode. I caught it in time, so I cleaned it off and sprayed it with some rustoleum. I am going to go grab some longer bolts and spacers to remount it. I would definitely recommend checking it.

Old 06-08-2011, 09:16 PM
I was told by the local Ford stealership that my FPDM went bad on my '08 with 18,900 miles. Mine still looks brand new, but whatever, I don't have much of a choice but to replace it. Luckily the stealership got a shipment in today and I picked up the part ($113 + tax) and installed my new FPDM in the service parking lot in front of several service techs. I guess time will tell if the failed FPDM was really the problem.

Quick Reply: Fuel Pump Driver Module Replacement