Articles & How-To's *NOW WITH VIDEO SECTION!*
Old 04-13-2015, 12:34 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Have you not changed your fuel filter in awhile? Fuel filters are probably the most neglected preventative maintenance. Fuel filters screen out dirt and rust particles that may have gotten into your fuel tank or lines. Clogged fuel filters can add a variety of issues to your vehicle and extra wear to your fuel system.

Read the full discussion below to find out how to replace your fuel filter.
Print Wikipost

2004 - 2008 Fuel Filter Change With Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2014, 06:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by O'Doyle Rules
Wow, face full of gas, but new filter installed. Was suprisingly clean for having 155K on it. Hope that solves my "jerking" problem, when the truck shifts to OD with minimal accelaration.
Did it solve the problem?

Old 06-10-2015, 11:36 AM
After reading all the posts I was able to change my fuel filter in about 10 minutes.. I have changed many ford filters and this one was no more difficult. Thanks for the tips.....

Btw: My screw has the blue clip and I used the $7 tool .........

Old 08-10-2015, 04:48 PM
Fuel Filter removal I was Lucky

The front clip just before the filter was already loose and out of the base so I put the gas line removal tool inside the gas line and used a screw drive and through the hole were the clip was attached to the base (to the frame) I GENTLY pried the tool forward and pop it came off in seconds, with out your help I would have fiddled around for hours THANKS all. Letting the truck set tow hours helped with reducing the pressure for sure...

Michigan

Old 03-21-2024, 05:48 PM
I'm not mechanically inclined

Originally Posted by MGDfan
WTF?

Only in Canuckia ....

Every 15K miles.... it's called preventative maintenance for a reason.

Love to see yours when you cut it open LOL!

-----

Nicely done, SVT. Thanks.

Is there any correlation to truck config/bed length for the fuel line differences? Mine has only the blue clip.
I don't know if I am replying correctly or not as this is my first time doing more than just reading. If so I was curious could this cause power fluctuations or surges while driving, temporary Loss of reverse, Loss of acceleration, eventually cause my engine to stall when I stop at a stop sign...it cranked back up until I pressed the gas pedal and then stalled again and no longer cranked

Quick Reply: 2004 - 2008 Fuel Filter Change With Pictures