Tailgate Panel

Old 11-10-2014, 08:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BBFORD
I was told by someone in Saleen parts dept that were bringing the panel back soon.
I hope they do soon!

Old 11-10-2014, 08:58 AM
Originally Posted by BBFORD
This panel looks awesome. I've been trying to wait for Saleen. I'm not sure if you would be interested, but would you consider building one to sell?
Yes, I can have it cut for you and mail it out. Pm me and I'll get a quote for you

Old 11-15-2014, 05:59 AM
Originally Posted by Jesusfrk
Yes, I can have it cut for you and mail it out. Pm me and I'll get a quote for you
will do

Old 06-08-2016, 05:48 PM
Tailgate panel

Got bored this past weekend and made a cheap tailgate panel to hide all the dents and defects on my tailgate:

Not sure about it yet. I'll keep it on for a while and see if it grows on me. What do you all think?
I'd be interested in the schematics for the panel you made, cause I don't ever think I'm going to come across an 07 Saleen tailgate panel for my Superchrarged 07 HD

Old 06-21-2016, 09:32 AM
Tailgate Panel

Few years late but are you still able to get this cut and shipped out?

Old 06-27-2016, 01:02 PM
Originally Posted by Rambo3g
Few years late but are you still able to get this cut and shipped out?
Ha ha! Yeah it's been awhile since I've posted. I no longer have this truck and have gotten myself a Ram. The panel I got was from Alro plastics in Louisville, KY. It's basically a 1/8" thick black plastic sheet that they cut to size. The only thing I did was cut out the top section with shears for the tailgate handle and put on double sided tape on back. If you contact Alro with the dimensions, they will ship it right to your door. I don't know what shipping costs will be, but I paid about 15 bucks for the panel cut to size. It's a great cheap mod and really set it off from the other trucks. I even had Jack Roush sign the panel. I really hope this helps you!

Old 07-26-2016, 05:15 PM
Received 45 Likes on 44 Posts
It's easy! I sourced a local plastics supplier in Louisville. I had them cut it from 1/16" ABS black plastic using dimensions I gave them. Mine has a smooth back and a textured "hair cell" front which gives it a matte appearance. I used some shears to cut out the tailgate section and put some double sided tape around the perimeter of the panel and stuck it on. Cost about 60 bucks total. ... etc ...
That is pretty cool ..........

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tailgate Panel