LED Fogs

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 12:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LED Fogs

Has anyone tried this or have any advice. Good/bad idea? I was thinking of changing my fog bulbs to white LED bulbs. I have seen some Mercedes running around and it puts off a really cool look.

I found these bulbs on superbrightleds, but it would require me to change my socket out:

[IMG]javascript:void(viewer.show(0))[/IMG]

Anybody tried this or do I just have a bad idea?

Old 03-11-2010, 03:11 PM
the pic didnt' work. i would think they are going to be very blinding to other drivers.

Old 03-11-2010, 03:30 PM
Originally Posted by dilloncawthon
the pic didnt' work. i would think they are going to be very blinding to other drivers.
My bad man, I honestly don't know how to make a pic on these forums. Lol. But as far as them being blinding I was hoping that these wouldn't be. I'm not even considering putting HIDs in the factory housings because of how blinding they are.

Old 03-11-2010, 06:01 PM
Not something like this, right?

If so, it's not going to be bright at all. Just for looks, mainly.

Old 03-11-2010, 06:17 PM
No its not like that, I wish I knew how to post pictures. But its like a big star.

I also found these: http://http://www.f150foglights.com/...155_09/748761/

Could be kinda cool

Old 03-11-2010, 06:28 PM
Aw, I think I know what you're talking about. Probably not going to be bright either.

As for the pictures, if you're using Firefox, right click on the picture, select "Copy image location", then put that in between the [img] tags. You may want to copy the link in another tab to make sure actually links to the picture.

If using IE, I think you can right click it, and select "Show Picture", then copy the link, and put it between the [img] tags. Again, you may want to test it to make sure it's the right link. If the show picture doesn't work, you can right click and select "Properties", then copy the address.

EDIT: Are you talking about these? If so, those defiantly won't be bright at all...

Last edited by ELVATO; 03-11-2010 at 06:35 PM.
Old 03-11-2010, 06:46 PM
Thanks for the help on the pictures. I use IE

Those were exactly what I was talking about. I was afraid they wouldnt be too bright. I would hate to go the HID route, those things are just blinding (I had them in my old truck and got flashed all the time).

Did you see that link for the replacement fogs I put up?

Old 03-11-2010, 07:20 PM
Ah, ok, now I see why it wouldn't come up. You have an extra "http://" in the front of the link.

Not sure. Are they supposed to be a direct swap with the OEM round fogs? I know people were replacing the 06-08 fogs with some PIAA lights, though I don't know how much those were...

Old 03-11-2010, 07:43 PM
Good call on the htp. lol. But these are supposed to be a direct swap. I'm a little skeptical about them though.

I did find these a little bit ago from vleds

I sent them an email and they claimed that these are the brightest leds they have ever sold. Any thoughts on those?

Old 03-11-2010, 08:09 PM
I've personally never used them, nor have I seen any in person, but my guess is they won't illuminate the road as much as a halogen fog light. At night, they may "fill" the fog light itself, but I don't it'll throw out enough light to be usable. That's just a guess, though.

EDIT: If you read the description, it says they only produce 400 lumens of light. Not sure what the stock fogs produce... What are you looking for, a whiter light? If so, I'm sure you could get yourself a set of "white colored" halogens for cheaper than the 70 dollars the LED bulb costs...

Last edited by ELVATO; 03-11-2010 at 08:19 PM.
Old 03-11-2010, 08:20 PM
Another email replied saying they are 400 lumens. Not sure how bright that is. Either way they would look super cool in the housing, but before dropping 70 bucks on a set of bulbs I'm gonna research a little more

Old 03-11-2010, 08:23 PM
In this video, you can see the ones you are looking at. They are the fogs (at least it's what the description says).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3pMwMjPNQQ

As I mentioned earlier, they "fill in" the housing quite nicely, but they don't seem to output that light well (as seen by the light on the ground.)

Old 03-24-2010, 12:15 AM
Originally Posted by tbrimerjr
Good call on the htp. lol. But these are supposed to be a direct swap. I'm a little skeptical about them though.

I did find these a little bit ago from vleds

I sent them an email and they claimed that these are the brightest leds they have ever sold. Any thoughts on those?
I just installed these today. They are wicked! I highly recommend them. They are brighter than the factory bulbs, but put off a great look. I got the 5k pure white, no blue for me.

Old 03-25-2010, 09:46 AM
Can you get some pics? They are actualy functional(not just for looks)?My fogs housings are melted from my past bulbs(putco super white bulbs). Im now looking for another alternative to give me a white/blueish tint to match my heads w/out taking the risk of burning the new housings again. Im assuming because these are LED there is minimal heat correct?

Thanks...

Old 03-25-2010, 10:21 AM
Suspended
Pics from inside the cab with just the LED fogs on would be awesome!

Quick Reply: LED Fogs