PIAA 525 Install with pics.

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 06:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking PIAA 525 Install with pics.

I finally got these da** things in. I swear there were twice as many wires as the other lighting sets. But here it goes...

Here is the switch inside of the cab, I wanted to do no switch and use the headlights, but the extra blue LED would not work so I did it this way.

Next, here is the plug that was hidden behind the soundproofing stuff that I fed the wires for the switch through from the engine. It was just to the right of the steering wheel as you can see. The pic is sorta sideways, sorry.

Here is the engine side of the plug and the wires coming out. I had used electrical tape and bundled everything all together for a neater look.

Here is where I ran the wires across the engine bay. You cant see it, but they are wire tied in three places, gonna install one there in the middle to keep t from drooping like it is. You can see it just above the heat shielding along the edge of the engine compartment.

I put the power for the switch directly to the battery so I can use them whenever. It is the little white wire.

Unlike some of the other sets that I saw, this one came with 2 relays and 2 fuses. I used body trim adhesive tape to stick the fuses to one of the relays and bolted it all to the battery box. There was literally no where else to put it. Lots of :censored: wires in this one.

This lamp setup has three settings, the first is a Blue LED light up the lights when the power is on, but they are not in use. Other two are fog and driving. I tried not to tap any OEM wiring, but in order for the LED to work, it became necessary. Here I tapped the brown wire from the passenger parking light to accomplish this neatly. My thumb is where I made the splice. The white wire is the one form the PIAA lamps

As soon as the sun goes down here I will get you guys some of the pics with them on and include the day time shots as well, site says there are too many pics in here. I think the Blue glow is just kick a**!

A big thanks to all of you that helped me out especially you grand master SSC!

Old 12-12-2008, 06:58 PM
Is that the only wire you had to tap? I plan to do this eventually since i just got a grille guard on mine. Any info would be great for the future.

Old 12-12-2008, 07:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the write up as I'll be doing this soon. Bookmarked.

Old 12-12-2008, 07:10 PM
Yup, just that one wire. It all comes down to how you want to be able to operate them. I had set it initially without tapping any wires as I to not like messing with the OEM stuff. I put the power right to the battery, but this light set needed to be wired into the lights so the Blue LED works. So, the fog/driving lights will work regardless of the key being in the ignition and when when the parking lights come on, the blue LED lights up too.

Old 12-12-2008, 07:19 PM
Rock on man! You wired them up the exact same way I did. I wanted to be able to have full control of the 525s regardless of whether or not the truck was on. What did you mount them on?

Here's a shot of the LEDs lit up.

- NCSU

Old 12-12-2008, 07:24 PM
Yeah...your truck was my selling point. I saw your pics in another thread and it sold me.

I mounted them on a Westin Bull Bar. I have the pics, but the forum said I had to many, I will put them in with the shots of the lights.

Last edited by Drkharbinger; 12-12-2008 at 08:31 PM.
Old 12-12-2008, 09:41 PM
Ok..here are the day and night pics...

Day time front and side...

Here is just the parking lights on..

This is just the high beams...

This is all of em...

The pics don't do the LED's justice...they look awesome. Now, I gotta do the lights in the cab blue. Time for a

Old 12-13-2008, 12:13 AM

Nice, man, that looks great. I agree the pics don't do justice. When you get a chance could you take some clearer shots against something straight on in the background? Also, just as a request, could you post some pics of your whole truck with the bullbar from a front angle and the side? I've really been considering getting one and am trying to get as many different pics of them as possible. I'd really appreciate it!!

Old 12-13-2008, 12:18 AM
Looks great. would look even better at night with some HID's.

Old 12-13-2008, 01:40 AM
Looks great bud, nice job with all the wiring

Old 12-13-2008, 04:39 AM
Looks great. Nice clean job on the install as well.

Old 12-13-2008, 10:48 PM
Thanx for all the feedback everyone! And mb, here are some more pics of the truck with the bull bar. It looks awkward now, but tires and wheels are in the process....

No night shots tonight...windy as hell out here.

Old 12-13-2008, 10:57 PM

Thanks man, I really appreciate that. Truck looks awesome!

Old 12-13-2008, 11:05 PM
Thanx....no worries, glad I could help.

Old 12-14-2008, 12:09 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Looks good!

Quick Reply: PIAA 525 Install with pics.