TYC or Depo??

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 07:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TYC or Depo??

No particular product. Just overall quality. Personal experience or just opinion...bring it on. One better than the other? Bout the same?

Old 06-27-2008, 09:36 AM
From doing a lot of reading, they appear to be about the same. They both leak just as much

Old 06-27-2008, 09:45 AM
Originally Posted by shaunakadub
From doing a lot of reading, they appear to be about the same. They both leak just as much
i would have to disagree...

tyc is guaranteed... and come with great warranty. what you will notice is alot of companies advertise as tyc meanwhile they ship another brand. (a recent case can be found here https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=336649 within the last week)

tyc > depot... from past experience tyc is the best brand quality wise besides oem applications.

OEM>TYC>DEPOT>EVERYTHING ELSE

Last edited by Grafix Ink.; 06-27-2008 at 09:54 AM.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:01 AM
Yeah, I know all about that incident you are referencing...it was me!! Like the post says, the problem here was that even though the listing does not say that the lights are TYC, the heads and corners are pictured together along with a TYC certificate of compliance. If that isn't misleading I don't know what is.

Anyway, I sealed the lights well and they have been through some hard rains already with no hint of leaking. I just wish that I had went with a Lightning-style light now. And if I'm going to buy a set of L-style I am not going to be deceived again if I can help it. I have been leaning towards Depo from Import Performance. I have emailed him twice and he swears that all of his lights are Depo brand. My impression from reading about TYC and Depo has been that they were about equal. I was just curious what people around here would say about a direct comparison between the two.

Also, if I did decide to go with TYC where is the best place to get them? Their site plainly says that the warranty is only valid if purchased through an authorized dealer (likely not ebay). And obviously I've already been bitten by ebay once. Anyone have any experience with this seller?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TYC-F...spagenameZWD1V

I don't think there is any question that these lights are being marketed as TYC plus his feedback is pretty good. I feel like I would have a better chance at disputing the transaction if these arrived and they weren't TYC.

Last edited by starquestbd22; 06-27-2008 at 11:04 AM.
Old 06-27-2008, 01:18 PM
Originally Posted by shaunakadub
And is that leaking from personal situations or just something else you read

I personally along with many friends have used aftermarket headlights on anything from a Honda Civic to a handful of Chebbies and F-150s. Out of probably 8 or so I personally know of, NONE have leaked. All have been "sleaze-bay cheap knock off crap"

FWIW OP, I have depo and they are great as far as fit and finish. Hope that helps bud

Old 06-27-2008, 02:39 PM
Thanks for the info. Keep it coming.

Wrobo, you get yours from Import Vision by chance? BTW, your new suspension looks awesome.

Last edited by starquestbd22; 06-27-2008 at 02:42 PM.
Old 06-28-2008, 07:16 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
TYC is great, not a problem yet. Not to mention 100% road legal (even if they weren't that wouldn't stop me) and are backed by a warranty. I was going to buy Depots but were a bit pricey. Both are good tho. to both

Quick Reply: TYC or Depo??