Ebay seller CARPARTNATION feedback?? (and long rant)

Old 06-16-2008, 07:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Ebay seller CARPARTNATION feedback?? (and long rant)

Well I just received my new heads and corners from Ebay seller CARPARTNATION and I was a little pi$$ed. First, the listing is deceiving and leads you to believe that the items are TYC pieces by displaying a TYC certificate of compliance in the photo of the items. As it turns out, the corners are TYC but the heads are made by Vinjet (never heard of them). I know it doesn't say what brand name the items are in the listing, but it seems to me that listing it in this fashion suggests that the pieces are all TYC. Anyway, I was prepared to deal with this and call it my own stupidity until I opened the TYC corners and found one of the orange reflectors loose and rattling all around inside the light housing!!!! And to top it all off, there is no phone number for this seller to be found anywhere. I feel like an idiot for ordering from someone with no phone number to begin with. Anyway, I finally got in touch with someone by AIM and chatted for a while. I am going to send them some photos of the defective light and they are supposedly going to review them and send me some new ones. The only other option was to send the entire shipment back at my expense and then I could get a refund of the purchase price only, not including the inflated shipping. In the meantime, I am going to go ahead and install the lights so I can ship my old ones to their new owner. If I had it to do over I would have just spent the little extra on the Depos from Import Performance and had a little more piece of mind. I will keep you guys updated on the replacement lights I am supposed to me getting.

Old 06-16-2008, 09:05 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Sorry to hear that. I also bought my corners and heads from CARPARTNATION on eBay and also thought all four were TYC. My corners were all fine and dandy, I hope you get your problem resolves. I have him 5 stars although it took almost 3 weeks for it to arrive.

Pics of which kind you got? Mine are below.

Old 06-16-2008, 09:14 PM
Link to the auction?

Old 06-16-2008, 09:20 PM
Kick his a$$, C-Bass!

Old 06-16-2008, 10:04 PM
Originally Posted by Raptor05121
Sorry to hear that. I also bought my corners and heads from CARPARTNATION on eBay and also thought all four were TYC. My corners were all fine and dandy, I hope you get your problem resolves. I have him 5 stars although it took almost 3 weeks for it to arrive.

Pics of which kind you got? Mine are below.
I got the exact same ones. I can't complain about shipping....only took six days from auction end until they got to me. Here's a link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/97-03...spagenameZWDVW

Old 06-16-2008, 10:24 PM
thing about those headlights is the style - doesn't match the corners one bit.

stick to these headlights... they ARE tyc and match better overall... imo of course.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TYC-F...mZ310039115105

Old 06-16-2008, 11:10 PM
You think? I agree that the Lightning-style match a little better because of the whole round theme but I don't think these just clash with each other or anything. Anyway, If I send these back now it's gonna cost me what I paid for shipping plus the cost of shipping them back. Probably $55 or $60!! And then I would have to turn around and spend another $170 or $180 for a good set of Lightning-style and corners. I just can't do that right now so I guess 'm going to give these a shot and if they turn out to be crap I will go with Lightning-styles the next time. I think these lights look very good on Raptor05121's and mgsalida's trucks.

Old 06-17-2008, 12:18 AM
Are they at least stamped DOT/SAE ?

Hopefully you won't have a problem with them. Remember to check the seals and maybe put a dab of silicone on 'em

Old 06-17-2008, 07:40 AM
Originally Posted by starquestbd22
You think? I agree that the Lightning-style match a little better because of the whole round theme but I don't think these just clash with each other or anything.
i do yes...i find they are two totally different looks.
although both clear, they clash imo because one is so busy... and another is simple and clear.

Old 06-17-2008, 10:11 AM
Originally Posted by wrobo23
Are they at least stamped DOT/SAE ?

Hopefully you won't have a problem with them. Remember to check the seals and maybe put a dab of silicone on 'em
Yeah, they do day DOT/SAE for whatever that's worth. What type of silicone you guys been using?

Old 06-17-2008, 10:46 AM
Yeah, they do day DOT/SAE for whatever that's worth. What type of silicone you guys been using?
just plain window clear silicone...
always recommend doing them to any aftermarket headlights... regardless of make.

squeeze a **** load of it along the edges etc and simply wipe the access off

Old 06-17-2008, 11:47 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Yeah, my passenger side had moisture in it for about a week and then disappeared. Also, I dont' believe all my aiming rods are connected fully, I'll have to pull them and re do it cause when i touch them they rock a bit

Pics when done! I want to see what my heads look like on another truck!

Light output is great for these, I got them for two reasons: A.) clear lesnse and aftermarket turn signal to show a modded truck. B.) I plan to upgrade to HID soon and it would look crappy w/ stock housings

Old 06-17-2008, 02:22 PM
Yeah, I will post some pics later today. I just put the corners in while waiting on the silicone on the heads to dry and I'm already impressed.

Also, anyone know where I can get some clear corner bulbs locally? Advance? Autozone? Oreilly?

Last edited by starquestbd22; 06-17-2008 at 02:28 PM.
Old 06-17-2008, 03:37 PM

Also, anyone know where I can get some clear corner bulbs locally? Advance? Autozone? Oreilly?
All three should have them - I got mine at a local Autozone. They are not actually clear but rather chrome looking. They will still shine amber yet don't cast the amber light when not in use (if that makes sense). You'll see when / if you look

Old 06-17-2008, 11:05 PM
Thanks for the info on the lights. I will try to pick up a set tomorrow. For some reason I had in mind that they might be hard to find locally.

**UPDATE** I received an email from CARPARTNATION today with an apology for the damaged goods and an assurance that replacements are on the way. We will see.

Also, I had so much other stuff to do that I didn't get the lights in this evening, so no pictures yet. They will be in tomorrow morning for sure.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ebay seller CARPARTNATION feedback?? (and long rant)