Odometer sticks

Old 03-11-2000, 02:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Odometer sticks

Just after I bought my 97 F-150 XL I noticed that If I double tap the trip button to reset the trip meter the whole odometer locks up for as long as I want it to and then when I want it to work again all I have to do is tap the trip guage again. I wondered if anybody else has noticed this.I'm not sure if its a bad thing. It really doesn't bother me and I am not paying to get it fixed.

97 F150XL 2WD
Sunroof
Moonvisor
Leonard Shell
Tinted Windows
Aftermarket high back leather bucket seats
JVC cd player

Old 03-17-2000, 09:21 AM
Had the same on my 97 Expedition. Useful for keeping mileage off the vehicle. Unfortunately, my 99 Exp. odometer is digital and I haven't been able to mess with it.

Old 03-17-2000, 05:48 PM
Unhappy

I had a similar experience...but it was the speedometer that was sticking...sometimes I had to tap the plastic cover to get it to unstick, sometimes had to drive for miles guessing my speed. Worst time was in the warm summertime. Eventually got fed up and had the dealer replace it. As with everything I had fixed/replaced, everything was a big "fight" with my dealer in Sidney, OH. Never again...

Old 03-18-2000, 12:21 AM
Fine for the original owner of the vehicle, sucks for people who buy it 3 years later and really don't know how many miles are on it. Hmmmm

How many miles did you say you had on that '97???

Old 03-18-2000, 03:22 PM
Cool

Don't worry about me selling it to ya. The guage says it has 53,000 something but its closer to 80,000. As for stiffing somebody with the truck on trade in. As far as I'm concerned I am never going to get rid of it. I keep myself from getting bored with the looks of it by adding at least one asthetic enhancing component each year minimum. But If I do decide to stiff somebody you can be sure that it will be a car salesman. Keep the greasy side down.

97 F-150 XL 2WD
75,000 Miles
SFC Sunroof
Lund MoonVisor
Leonard Bed Cap
Tinted Windows
Aftermarket Leather high back bucket seat console.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Odometer sticks