Missing anything?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 10:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Missing anything?

Just wanted to double check to make sure I have everything right before I order amps/subs. I am going to do a custom box as I have a standard cab and cant find a box that has the proper airspace.

I am currently running an old Avic Z2 head unit. Looking to add a little power.

Lows:

Kicker 500
Amazon.com : Kicker DX500.1 Mono Subwoofer Amplifier, 500 Watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms : Vehicle Mono Subwoofer Amplifiers : Car Electronics Amazon.com : Kicker DX500.1 Mono Subwoofer Amplifier, 500 Watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms : Vehicle Mono Subwoofer Amplifiers : Car Electronics

2x kicker 10" CVR's.
Amazon.com : Kicker CVR104 10" Dual 4 ohm CompVR Series Car Subwoofer : Vehicle Subwoofers : Car Electronics Amazon.com : Kicker CVR104 10" Dual 4 ohm CompVR Series Car Subwoofer : Vehicle Subwoofers : Car Electronics

Highs/Mids:

Amazon.com : KICKER DX400.4 400W RMS 4-Channel DX Series Car Amplifier : Vehicle Multi Channel Amplifiers : Car Electronics Amazon.com : KICKER DX400.4 400W RMS 4-Channel DX Series Car Amplifier : Vehicle Multi Channel Amplifiers : Car Electronics

I will run stock door speakers, as they generally sound better than aftermarket. If I do blow any, I will likely switch to Kicker 6" round speakers. Other than what is posted above, wiring harness for both amps, a box, and a lot of zip ties... anything else? any problems with the amps?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I am not die hard Kicker, but have had great luck with their customer service and quality of product in the past.

Thanks,
Sam

Old 07-27-2014, 10:22 PM
Amps and subs look good, but I don't see a point putting an amp on the factory door speakers. Head unit power is plenty for the factories. And if you haven't heard aftermarket door speakers that sound better than the factory ones in these trucks, you need to broaden your listening taste. But I personally would spend money on sound deadening for the doors and back wall versus a 4 channel amp.

Old 08-14-2014, 11:14 AM
The OEM speakers can handle 25w

When you do go aftermarket, because the OEM speakers is poor on the highs, get some Infinity Kappa's or Alpine Type-R's

Quick Reply: Missing anything?