Looking to install a sub and amo in my 2013

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 01:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking to install a sub and amo in my 2013

what route would you all recommend? I have the stock 4.2 LCD and sync system. I would like a bit more bass and figure that just speakers wouldnt get the bass im looking for. What do you all recommend?

Old 04-21-2014, 01:12 AM
First step I would take would be a new headunit, the stock speakers in the newer trucks are actually not bad, but severely limited by the factory headunit. That'll give you some better bass response and all around better sound. Also it'll make installing an amp easier because you won't need to wire up a line out converter since almost all aftermarket headunits have pre-outs.

Old 04-21-2014, 01:15 AM
There is no way to upgrade the stock system as far as I know for mine due to the sync and no aftermarket bezels (Metra makes one that looks like A$$)

If you know a better way to upgrade my stock HU let me know because Id be 100% on board

Old 04-21-2014, 01:25 AM
Oh yea, forgot about that being the only option for you guys.

In that case what your going to need to do is either go with an amp that has high level inputs (takes speaker wire as inputs) or go with a loc setup, something like the lc7i.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_161LC7I...9576665&awdv=c

That would be the preferred method due to it helping to restore some of the bass your factory headunit cuts out, has a remote wire out for the amp (no need to find a source for the amp turn on elsewhere or deal with the on off pop that some get), and also only needing you to run one set of rca's to the amp versus a bunch of speaker wires.

It costs more, but it definitely is the better way to go about it.

After you make your decision there, it comes down to how much bass you'd like to add and your budget. Are you going for the being heard down the block, making your mirror vibrate, or just that extra fill of what's missing but still filling smoothly with the rest of the speakers?

Old 04-21-2014, 01:25 AM
I am not sure that I want to be the first to try this... but I would consider removing the stock style 13+ like this

http://0.tqn.com/d/trucks/1/0/k/Y/1/...rius-Radio.jpg

and go with an older 21 and earlier style then figuring out how to get my climate controls to fit and making sure the stock systems arent affected. I can go without Sync because I would use a head unit with enough features to make up for the truck not telling me I have a text lol

What is everyones thoughts on this?

Old 04-21-2014, 01:29 AM
Mainly Im just looking for that extra bass thats missing from stock. I would really like to incorporate a backup cam to my stock 4.2 screen (probably wont ever happen) and some extra bass then Id be all set. That doesnt seem like to much to as for, Ford... damn this head unit. I bought the truck and was like, eh I might swap it out down the road... nope I guess not.

Old 04-26-2014, 11:54 AM
I found this link on a different forum but it looks like it might benefit your situation.

You can keep your sync and other features according to the post. There seems to be a new model that has an RCA output.

http://www.f150forum.com/f30/small-4...stalled-96750/

Old 04-27-2014, 12:35 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Rockford fosgate Punch series amps can take a speaker level output in on the RCA's. It can go up to 15 volts on RCA's. Tap the rear speakers and splice into Rca's at amp. You will just need power and no remote wire required because it turns on when the music starts via the rca's. put a 10 under the seat...done.

Quick Reply: Looking to install a sub and amo in my 2013