Amp recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 08:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I Hear yah, My back supercab seat is 3x 12'' subs and 4 amps on the back wall that is a seat if it needs to be. And that pic is bad ***!! I like the baby blind that hides the amp lol
Originally Posted by Fish Chris
06 f150 supercab > Sweeeet !

But WTF does one need back seats in a truck for ? I'm never short of a seat. Mine is "always" the one on the front left side LOL

Supercabs were made specifically for big / multiple subwoofers ! You must have missed that memo

I LOVE my 5 ch RF Power 1000, but it's not made anymore They have actually came out with a new one, almost as powerful, but smaller, and cheaper. You can find it on the RF website. I'm sure it would be a fantastic amp for your situation.

Peace,
Fish

Old 02-01-2013, 12:06 PM
Thank you Shane. Yea', with my amp being fully chromed, its the only thing that really shows back there. So, with the black mini curtain, and everything else being black, then, trying to see anything through my limo black tinted glass, is basically imposible.

On the other hand, with my truck being pretty unique, and always driving around my town cranking my system, pretty much everyone knows it has a big stereo system.

A while back, I pulled up to a stop, windows down, and between songs, and a young guy on the corner said, "Nice truck..... but that camo ain't hiding you.... everybody knows that truck is slammin'.......

Good thing I keep it garaged, huh ?

Peace,
Fish

Old 02-01-2013, 02:13 PM
yeah I here yeah. I put in a 2 way viper with sensors in the cab to trip the alarm just in case some one gets a window down with out a door open or shaking the truck .If you even try to look in the glass with your hands it will chirp at you reach in full alarm . And pages me .Any way I could never master ports on subs your are real nice looks so high tech. I did due slots before but I went with sealed subs due to a easy build and such a small cabin in air space and a tighter bass for rock. And wanted a box around 5 ft across and a foot high so it could be sat on .Cause the subs face the floor that have 2 layers of RAAMmat BXT II and 1 layer of 1/2 inch closed cell foam .The box is sealed on the sides and the back wall to the floor so the 2 front seats take a beating when the bass drops .Cup holder are useless lol. I like your mids you got going on. I am working on some thing for mids now I have sealed up my 2 rear doors pretty air tight so Im going to toss in a few 8'' or maybe 6.5 mids and lose the 6.5 coax full range in their now .

Old 11-22-2014, 01:05 AM
I've got an arc audio foose FD2100 pushing my stealthie. It only puts out 190 watts but it was plenty loud for me. They had the gain way up at the shop after the install -- had to back it way off. Guess it's what you're into, but they said the quality of that amp (which has worked strong and faithful for me now for 7 years) will drive that stealthbox no prob. Couldn't be happier. Pretty cheap too since they're discontinued now, but can be found on eBay for way cheap.

Old 11-23-2014, 08:06 AM
I have a sony xplod I got years ago that I picked up fairly cheap it worked really well for me. It's just sitting on a shelf in my garage now.

Ryan

Quick Reply: Amp recommendations