Am i hurting anything?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 11:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Am i hurting anything?

Ok so I had a 4 channel amp (320w) hooked up to my factory hu with new 6x8 kenwoods. After awhile i wanted more base so i hooked up another amp (300w) and got a kicker cvr 10" sub. Now i ran the sub amp through the 4 way amp. This worked fine for about 2 months if I didn't turn it up to loud. If i did turn it up the sub would compleatly turn off for about 5 sec and than turn back on. And now the second amp cuts out when you turn it up a just a little, but now it doesn't turn all the way off. There is still power going to the sub, just enough to make it vibrate. And i wont kick back on like it did before. Now this is a cheap amp (duel from wal-mart) that was actually left outside in about 3' of snow all winter. So my question is did the amp get screwed up because of the way it was wired or maybe because it has just been mistreated? Should i just buy a new amp?

I know the 4 channel amp is hooked up right cause i had a shop do it with all the right hardware. And i even bought all the wiring stuff for the second amp to so its not like its crap wires.

I hope you guys know what im trying to say cause i know about nothing on any of this audio stuff.

Old 07-09-2011, 02:26 AM
When you say you ran it thew the 4 way amp did you tap off the power for that one? Cause thats a horrible idea haha. As for the sub just being able to vibrate a little I'd check to see if you blew the fuses on either amp.

Old 07-09-2011, 07:04 PM
No it has its own power. Its just the signal or what ever ya wanna call it coming from the 4 way.

Old 07-26-2011, 09:50 PM
Did you check the fuses? And what ohm load is the sub wired at and what ohm load is the amp rated at? You could have blown the amp.

Quick Reply: Am i hurting anything?