Go Back   F150online Forums > Audio & Video System > Amplifiers
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Old 09-09-2007, 10:55 PM

Vehicle: 2004 F150 LARIAT 4x4
Where to run amp power wire through firewall

I've got a 2004 F150. Where is everyone running your amplifier power wire and where are you going through the firewall. I have mine going through a gromet on the drivers side and it runs across the engine/firewall to the battery. Is there a place to get it through the firewall on the passanger side being thats the side my amp is on..thanks
Old 09-09-2007, 11:02 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Ford f150
Send a message via AIM to yamaharhino
I have mine going through the same place. I was scared when I did it because its so close to the exhaust headers. Its been fine though. Just run a longer power wire and itll reach. Or I hear you can go through the passenger fender.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:55 AM

Vehicle: 2005 Ford F150
There is a grommet directly in-line with the inside edge of the battery on the firewall on the passenger side. It's about 7" down and sort of lines up with middle height of the battery. I used this grommet this weekend to run my power wire to a new yellow top Optima. If you search this forum as I did you'll find numerous posts with a lot of photos that show the grommet location and routing of 1/0 power wire. The search engine on this forum is great and is truly your friend! I am almost done with a rather extensive install in and '05 SCAB with amp board and amps on the rear wall, big 3 (or 4), and dvd head unit. I have only asked the members directly for a couple of 'off the wall' suggestions, but the entire install including rear seat removal has been done using the search engine and photos posted by members.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:08 PM

Vehicle: 2006 ford f150
i second big mac on that i used the rubber gasket that is on the passenger side to pass my power lead for my amp thru, it's kinda a tight fit, helps if you have someone pushing the cable thru while you pull from the other side, that seemed like the easiest place i could find though.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:02 AM

Vehicle: 2007 Ford F150
Its easier to go underneath the truck and into the Grommet at the rear of the kick plate.

SPL is one note... SQ is a flat 20-20.

If ported, always tune to CRF 33Hz... aka the Golden Number

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odin's Wrath View Post
Eye-humping: One advantage of dating a girl with a glass eye.
PLEASE DO NOT PM ME. EMAIL ME INSTEAD (the email form for me is found by clicking on my name at the top of the post.)

Anyone hiring?!?!? Fired(og) Installer
Old 10-09-2007, 03:31 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Vehicle: 2004 Ford F150 4x4
Send a message via AIM to mSaLL150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low_e_Red
Its easier to go underneath the truck and into the Grommet at the rear of the kick plate.
yup thats what i did.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:57 PM

Thumbs up wire

Quote:
The grommet at the rear of the kick plate is where I ran my 1/0G amp(s) ground wire down to the frame....
Old 10-10-2007, 09:47 PM

Quote:
When you ran it under the truck what did you secure it to?
Old 10-12-2007, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdew1920
When you ran it under the truck what did you secure it to?
There, I had to drill a hole in the angle bracket welded to the frame that the rear of the cab body mounts to, and then used a small grinder on my dremel tool to take off any paint/grease/dirt to ensure a good ground. The mount has a big rubber doughnut that cushions the frame/cab interface. The bracket is aout 4-6" to the rear of the hole in the kickplate. I have a Knukonceptz digital power distribution block, and with the Big 3 (or 4) I have 14.6/14.7 constant volatage when the engine is running. It drops to 12.4V when the engine is off.
Old 10-12-2007, 09:42 AM