Supercharged 5.4 Excursion

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2003, 09:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Supercharged 5.4 Excursion

Does anyone have any experience with a Vortech supercharged 5.4 Excursion? Would it make for a good towing vehicle? 375hp and 441ftlbs torque sounds pretty stout to me! Have seen supercharged V10 but no 5.4

Old 04-24-2003, 01:00 AM
If you are wanting a centrifugal supercharger, go with the ATI Procharger.
got pressure Most of your questions can be answered at that site. Extremely nice and helpful people. Oh yea, the site is currently down, but I guess it will be back up in a couple of days.

Old 04-24-2003, 02:55 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I have a 5.4 supercrew with a vortech, I like it but your vehicle is probably heavier than mine and I have to tell you that the low end idle to 2500 to 2800 has little benefit from the s/c. the magna is probably a better fit if towing is your goal. this is assuming that you are not going to do alot of other mods like more boost, gears, mass air flow meter.....................

Old 04-24-2003, 08:13 PM
Thanks, that's what I was wondering. A Magnacharger or Kenne Bell would probably work better? Figured at least it would need an intercooler for towing. Supercharging is a new world to me and any suggestions would help.

Old 04-24-2003, 08:54 PM
I installed a Kenne Bell on my SuperCrew last month. Very nice supercharger; tons of power for towing. These heavier 4x4 trucks like lotsa torque. I like the looks of the KB too. I've popped the hood of my truck twice to show them the supercharger and both times they said the engine compartment looks really clean! They never noticed the Kenne Bell sitting on top of the engine - it looks that OEM. I started the truck and reved the engine a few times to convince them that it truely is a supercharger. I have pulled away from everything I come up to so far too - very quick acceleration! Running 10 PSI boost with the stock KB kit. Very hign quality product. Bought mine from Bob Kennedy of kennedysdynotune.com. Very knowledgeable guy. By the way, welcome to supercharging. My only regret, wait almost two years to put it in.

Old 04-24-2003, 09:14 PM
Check out the ATI with fuel mods. Roots/Screw low end, and obscene top end. I laid 100 ft of rubber the other night, and can pass everything on the freeway. Check sig.

Quick Reply: Supercharged 5.4 Excursion