SuperCrew

custom paint jobs......

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2002, 08:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
custom paint jobs......

I was just wondering if anyone has given their Screws a custom paint job, and if so, what the ballpark cost of doing so might be. Thanks in advance.

Old 10-28-2002, 10:32 AM
Just a little different

copy and paste the yahoo link below
I just can't leave anything stock.

Old 10-28-2002, 03:39 PM
sweet ride man....thanks for the reply....did you have the whole truck repainted or just the bottom portion? any ballpark figures on what it cost ya?

Old 11-07-2002, 10:27 AM
Cost of paint

I had the shop raise the width of the side rocker area paint, to the crease in the door, the shop removed the bed, to shoot the rear of the cab, etc. The original estimate was $800.00
but because I wanted House of Kolor paint, and when you use House of Kolor, you also must use their reducers and primers, it raised the cost bu $300.00. So the total, out the door was $1,100.00, a Smokin deal!!!

Old 11-10-2002, 11:15 PM
Thanks for the info.....I guess my idea of a custom job is similar to yours...in that if follows the lines of the truck...here's what I was thinking -

I found this expy that had basically what I was looking for, but I took the colors and changed them to the black/shadow gray that'd I have instead of gray/silver....here's the original, and my photoshoped colors.....tell me what ya think?

The only thing I'd do different is have the lines going back meet the lip on my ARE LSII fiberglass tonneau....based on your ballpark figures for the cost, it might be around the same...there's a great paint shop back in my home town, that'll have to swing this by....will probably have to wait until after hunting season..as around now is his busy season, with all the deer accidents and all

maybe my birthday present next summer.....would be a good time to get a new hood too..hmmmmm thanks for the input!

Last edited by braboin; 11-10-2002 at 11:26 PM.

Quick Reply: custom paint jobs......