SuperCrew

Sliding Rear Window Rubber Seal

Old 09-23-2002, 08:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sliding Rear Window Rubber Seal

The top rubber seal, the part that actually touches the top of the sliding rear window, has for the 2nd time become loose. Took to dealer the first time and they glued it back in. Now, about a month later it is dangling again.

I have some weatherstip sealer myself, I have used it to sure up my figerglass bed cover weatherstrip. Maybe it is stronger that what the dealer used.

Anyone having recurring problems with the window or know of the best fix for this thing?

thx

Old 09-24-2002, 12:36 AM
I don't use my sliding rear window enough to cause anything to break, maybe about once every 3 months. Mostly because it's impossible to open or close it from the front seat while still in a seatbelt.

So sorry no this hasen't happened to me.

Old 09-24-2002, 01:39 PM
I have only had my slider open on my new '02 and noticed the other day that the weather strip was hanging down a bit on one side. I pushed it back up but haven't had the slider open since. Post again if the glue you use holds better than what the dealer used and let us know what kind of glue you used. Thanks.

GSCrew

Old 09-24-2002, 07:20 PM
OK. I will post if/when I use my glue. For the record, it is 3M Weatherstip and Gasket adhesive. It is yellow, and for that reason I would have to be extremely careful trying to glue the window strip in without the glue showing.

I was hoping someone else here had this window issue and maybe had a better fix. Before long, I guess I will experiment with my yellow stuff if I don't see any better ideas! Or, maybe give the dealer another shot since it is still a warranty issue.

Right now, only a portion of the window strip is loose, so I can tuck it in and make it stay for the time being.

I will let you know how it goes...

Old 09-28-2002, 07:30 PM
FYI,,

Took the truck to the dealer yesterday. Needs a whole new rear window: The rubber seal by itself is not a replaceable part. Gonna do it Monday.

Old 09-27-2003, 08:32 PM
Damn. The same seal has come loose again on the new window.

I tried to glue it with super glue,,, that lasted a week. I open that window a fair amount for flow thru air and to get to that hard to reach spot on my fiberglass cover when washing the truck.

Again, anyone else having this problem?

thx

Old 09-27-2003, 08:49 PM
Oh, nevermind. I just saw this related thread that covers this issue

https://www.f150online.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=126572[/URL]

Old 09-28-2003, 01:12 AM
I used black weather stripping adhesive to fix mine.

Old 09-28-2003, 07:41 AM
Used Goop to fix the seal about 8 months ago after my 5 yo showed my 2.5 yo how to open the slider. The first thing that little brat did was pick at the weatherstripping and pull the bottom piece out. Checked it a couple of times since then and seems to be holding up just fine.

Old 09-28-2003, 12:05 PM
Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally posted by tbbr
Oh, nevermind. I just saw this related thread that covers this issue

https://www.f150online.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=126572[/URL]

Not sure that link worked, but it has just been discussed, might be good to read over this thread.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...hreadid=126572

Old 09-28-2003, 07:36 PM
Rear Window Seal

Hey tbbr,

The upper seal of my rear slider also became dislodged. Instead of taking it to the dealer for repair, I went and bought some Permatex Weatherstrip Adhesive and applied some new glue to the top and all is well for 3 months now.

Some things aren't worth taking to the dealer for a fix when you can probably do a better job your self!

Old 09-29-2003, 06:59 AM
Thumbs up

Same thing happened to me and they replaced the entire rear window. They also replaced the rubber seal around the window with th 03 style.

Old 09-29-2003, 03:03 PM
Warrantee paid for two new rear windows in my truck for loose window seals...

Old 10-13-2003, 06:29 PM
Superbeast or anyone else please:

How can I get the dealer to put on the upgraded 03 style rear window seal on my 2002 Screw? My dealer is saying Ford will not pay to put the 03 part on the 02 vehicle. If I want that done, it will all have to be out of my pocket.

I have appt tomorrow morning to replace the window (again). Sure would like that upgraded seal!

Old 10-13-2003, 08:49 PM
Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally posted by tbbr
Superbeast or anyone else please:

How can I get the dealer to put on the upgraded 03 style rear window seal on my 2002 Screw? My dealer is saying Ford will not pay to put the 03 part on the 02 vehicle. If I want that done, it will all have to be out of my pocket.

I have appt tomorrow morning to replace the window (again). Sure would like that upgraded seal!
It's been done before, do a search around this site. In the meantime, Escalate, escalate, escalate. Go to the top. Talk to the General Manager, talk to the district rep. Let them know you aren't afraid to take it up the ladder and will if you are not dealt with in a fair manner. You don't replace a defective part with another defective part, you put in the latest in the evolution of the part.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sliding Rear Window Rubber Seal