High performance heads on `99 5.4??

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2002, 06:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
High performance heads on `99 5.4??

My truck went into the dealer last week for the leaking head gasket. Dealer told me that they discovered that my head was blemished and that they would order a replacement and that it would be done today.
I got a call from the service guy this morning saying that they ordered the wrong head and that my engine had some special factory hi-po heads that were only available in `99, and that his computer ordering system didn't catch the mistake. So, he has to order another head and it will be here tomorrow at 11:00, but they won't get the head installed untill Monday.
I know Ford upped the horsepower of the 5.4 in `99, but I thought all `99 5.4s had the same heads?
Does this sound fishy to you guys?

Old 02-14-2002, 07:13 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Cool

HI!... Sounds like your dealer does'nt know *****, about these trucks. "97-98" F-150 5.4's have the plain 2-valve heads. All "99" to current 5.4's have "P.I" heads (POWER IMPROVED). I bet the dealer ordered the pre- "99" heads. The valves are bigger, intake ports are shaped differently. The "99" to current intakes won't bolt to pre - "99" heads, and vise-versa.

Quick Reply: High performance heads on `99 5.4??