recall for software update?

Old 09-27-2013, 06:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
recall for software update?

I got a call from my dealership today telling me that there was a recall for my truck (Ecoboost). They said it was a simple software reprogram. Anyone know what this is for? The build date is May 10th, 2013.

Is this going to improve performance/mileage or hurt it?

Just curious what it is for as the dealer just left a message asking me to come in anytime.

Old 09-27-2013, 09:49 PM
I bought my F150 2013 in July (build date of May as well) and when I was at the dealer earlier this month, they informed me of a TSB as well calling for a reprogram. I believe it was transmission related.

R.

Old 09-28-2013, 09:59 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by BrianD
I got a call from my dealership today telling me that there was a recall for my truck (Ecoboost). They said it was a simple software reprogram. Anyone know what this is for? The build date is May 10th, 2013.

Is this going to improve performance/mileage or hurt it?

Just curious what it is for as the dealer just left a message asking me to come in anytime.
Ive heard from several people seems like after the tsb it seems like they lost a little horsepower and mpg's.. One guy said after 10,000 miles he was averaging 17.5 mpgs and after the reflash he hasnt gotten better than 16.0 mpg in a 1,000 miles or so...

Old 09-28-2013, 10:03 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just had the recall done, it is for the trans, however, some other things have changed also. My mileage went up and the trans shifts more solid and with less 1-2 3-4 flare between shifts. It also holds 6th gear longer before it downshifts. My dash display operation has changed also.

Old 09-28-2013, 01:37 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by aussiekeeper
I just had the recall done, it is for the trans, however, some other things have changed also. My mileage went up and the trans shifts more solid and with less 1-2 3-4 flare between shifts. It also holds 6th gear longer before it downshifts. My dash display operation has changed also.
Interesting, did you ask for the tsb or did the let you know it was available.. What do you mean your dash display changed?

Old 09-28-2013, 03:55 PM
The operation of the buttons changed. I had some erratic shifting problems and the reflash corrected them and gave me some mileage. It also seems as though the torque converter is really hooked up now, it pulls very hard. Don't forget, mine is a 2011.

Old 09-29-2013, 04:45 PM
I found the recall info.
http://allstatetrucks.com/images/Rec...013%20F150.pdf

Looks like it is emissions related.

I took it in yesterday morning around 8:30 and they said it would take about 2 hours to complete. They would be able to get to it right away since I had an appointment. I went back 4 hours later and they said it would be another 3 hours before they could get it in the shop because other people opted to sit and wait. I told them to just bring it around and I would have to bring it back another day. They said that once it was in I had to get it done so I had to argue with the service manager a little. I told them they can either give me another equivalent loaner vehicle for the weekend, or give me mine back. He reluctantly gave mine back.

Old 09-30-2013, 02:03 AM
Originally Posted by BrianD
I found the recall info.
http://allstatetrucks.com/images/Rec...013%20F150.pdf

Looks like it is emissions related.

I took it in yesterday morning around 8:30 and they said it would take about 2 hours to complete. They would be able to get to it right away since I had an appointment. I went back 4 hours later and they said it would be another 3 hours before they could get it in the shop because other people opted to sit and wait. I told them to just bring it around and I would have to bring it back another day. They said that once it was in I had to get it done so I had to argue with the service manager a little. I told them they can either give me another equivalent loaner vehicle for the weekend, or give me mine back. He reluctantly gave mine back.

That was not my flash number and it was not done for a recall.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: recall for software update?