2009 - 2014 F-150

2013 road noise?

Old 06-27-2013, 12:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 road noise?

Hey guys, I recently bought a 2013 FX2 SuperCrew and when I am driving down the highway, it sounds like my doors are not closed completely. Compared to my wifes 2010 FX2, hers is real quiet. Has anyone experienced this or is it just my truck? Is there something that I could do to fix this? I would rather not take it to the dealer and waste a whole day so they can say that they didn't find anything wrong with it.

Old 06-27-2013, 12:45 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Weird, mine is whisper quiet..........

Old 06-27-2013, 05:36 AM
* is the Tires same as your wife model "cause some tires make noise in high speed"

*check the Door rubber sealing maybe there is damage

Old 06-27-2013, 09:41 AM
muddy;

Have someone else drive and sit in the back and try to see where the noise is coming from. Several years ago I had a 2004 extra cab that had a piece of door weatherstripping missing from the factory. That is how I found it and had the dealer fix it right up. They don't take new trucks on the highway (i think they go from the assembly line to a lot then to a train or car hauler and not much else) that I am aware of, and my test drive was not very long so I did not notice it until I had it for a few days.

- might want to check the window tracks as well - there might be a tree seed or a piece of something stuck in the top of track that is holding the glass a bit away from a perfect seal.

My 2012 is 'whisper quiet' as well, just like Aussie's.

let us know how it works out.

BJ

Old 06-27-2013, 10:38 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
strange.. Mines super quite

Old 06-27-2013, 10:51 AM
Mine is much quieter than the 2010 FX2 i traded in on Saturday.

Sounds like I'm being condescending (I'm not) check the window tracks themselves for debris and then cycle all 4 windows down and up, my 2010 used to have 1 window "creep" down at will.

Old 06-27-2013, 11:19 AM
I checked the window tracks and couldn't find anything wrong. I checked the weather stripping around the doors and there is nothing missing, torn or damaged in any way. The noise is not tire noise it sounds as if the door is not completely closed and you hear all the wind. I've noticed it from the driver and front passenger doors. The rears are quiet. This is our 7th F150 and never had an issue with any other truck until now.

Old 06-27-2013, 03:13 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Mymuddytruck
I checked the window tracks and couldn't find anything wrong. I checked the weather stripping around the doors and there is nothing missing, torn or damaged in any way. The noise is not tire noise it sounds as if the door is not completely closed and you hear all the wind. I've noticed it from the driver and front passenger doors. The rears are quiet. This is our 7th F150 and never had an issue with any other truck until now.
Id take it in and see what they say.. If they tell you they dont notice it then have them take you in a new 13 model and you can show them the difference.

Old 06-27-2013, 04:31 PM
Originally Posted by KingRanchCoy
Id take it in and see what they say.. If they tell you they dont notice it then have them take you in a new 13 model and you can show them the difference.
Yea bud, that's what I'm going to do. Thanks all for trying to help. I'll let you know what they say.

Old 06-28-2013, 02:35 AM
Cuz
I had and HATED this same issue in my 06 F150! Every door rattled all the time. I replaced the bumpers, tighten everything down and it still did it. Drove me ape ****!
My 2013 has 3k miles on it and the driver side door and the back passenger window are already rattling! I took it to ford yesterday, they claimed to have fixed both. "Tightened the window track and adjusted the door". They for sure did not fix the diver door. Haven't heard the window rattle yet...
I'll be taking it back next week... Uuugh
I DO spend a lot of time driving on the ranch/bumpy roads but I take it easy and I mean, come on! It's brand damn new! Shouldn't be any rattling!?

Old 06-29-2013, 04:31 PM
Is your wifes truck a lux pkg and yours isnt? Just tossing out ideas here, but there is significantly more sound deadening in my '13 Lariat then there was in my '11 FX4 w/o lux pkg. If the FX lux package adds some of the deadening that the Lariat has, it would make a difference. Not sure what your situation is, but I figured I would throw that idea out there.

Old 06-29-2013, 05:12 PM
Mine has a high pitch whistle sound..I can't figure out where it's coming from, and no it's not the turbos lol. I try rolling the windows down and back up but doesn't help. If I turn off the AC it still does it so it has to be the weather stripping somewhere. It sound like its on the passenger side but not 100% sure.

Old 06-29-2013, 05:33 PM
Originally Posted by way2qk4u2c
Mine has a high pitch whistle sound..I can't figure out where it's coming from, and no it's not the turbos lol. I try rolling the windows down and back up but doesn't help. If I turn off the AC it still does it so it has to be the weather stripping somewhere. It sound like its on the passenger side but not 100% sure.
Do you have a bug guard? the bug guard on my 09 whistled.

Old 06-29-2013, 06:02 PM
The truck is still stock in the front

Old 06-30-2013, 09:47 PM
Well, I dropped off the truck Thursday night at the dealer so they could check it out on Friday. Well at the end of the day Friday, they still could not get to it so I picked it up and will drop it off on Monday morning to see what happens. New problem now. Saturday morning I try to get in the truck and I have a dead battery. I hook up the charger and it is showing only 2 amps. I charge the battery to 80%, start up the truck and go do some errands driving around which took about 2 hours. No issues with the battery. I get home leave the truck parked for about one hour, I go to get in it and again the battery is dead. Nothing is being left on. Everything is stock so there is no extra drain from the stereo or any add ons. 7 F150's and not one problem until now. I think this is going to be my problem child.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2013 road noise?