1997 - 2003 F-150

Manual door lock rod assembly 2000 F150

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 10:29 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Manual door lock rod assembly 2000 F150

OK, Actually got the door off! Someone broke in and popped my lock out of the door. The rod that fits the lock clip goes SOMEWHERE. I can't figure it out. Spent 3 hours on line looking for a diagram. Thought maybe the clip was busted, but no pieces on the bottom. Can't figure out which way rod goes into cyclinder lock clip and where it attaches to. Advice or where to find a diagram would be wonderful!

Old 07-03-2011, 03:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's fixed. Albeit, arms and hands scratched up. Trial and error. The "HOOK" portion of the rod goes into the lock cylinder clip. The other end of the rod goes UNDER what appeared to be the apparent hole it should have gone into. This was a lucky "feel" as it was not visible. I don't think installation of the lock cylinder could have been accomplished without having removed the door handle assembly. No matter what anyone says, the bolt 10mm to the left is a BITCH. Even with extensions and universal wratchet adapters, I ended up using a crescent wrench 1/4 turn or less at a time until it was fully locked down.

The following users liked this post:
Old 07-03-2011, 09:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just went through this myself! The driver's door lock cylinder wasn't unlocking the door, but the cylinder itself was working fine. I took the door panel off and, surely enough, the rod between the lock cylinder and the latch had fallen off and was lying in the bottom of the door. I got my nephew to get it out (he has small arms) and tried for half an hour to figure out how that rod goes in before I finally decided to take the passenger door panel off and look. After that it was 5 seconds putting it in place!

If I had known about this thread when I had the doors apart, I would've taken pictures for you...

Old 04-21-2013, 07:17 PM
I know this is an old thread but. I couldn'r figure which hole for the manual lock rod into the auto actuator. One hole has a rubber coating on it and one doesn't. Is it supposed to go somewhere else? Unfortunately, my other door was broken into and the rod fell off already. Thanks..

Old 04-21-2013, 07:44 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Rick Wayne
I know this is an old thread but. I couldn'r figure which hole for the manual lock rod into the auto actuator. One hole has a rubber coating on it and one doesn't. Is it supposed to go somewhere else? Unfortunately, my other door was broken into and the rod fell off already. Thanks..
Huh. That sucks. I might be able to find a diagram for that. If it will help?

Old 04-21-2013, 08:12 PM
Thanks, I found the diagram but it was kind of hard to tell exactly where it went. I hope posting this isn't against forum rules.

Old 04-21-2013, 08:40 PM

I hope posting this isn't against forum rules.
Geez I hope not, I'd be in Big Trouble.

Old 04-21-2013, 08:49 PM

I couldn'r figure which hole for the manual lock rod into the auto actuator. One hole has a rubber coating on it and one doesn't.
I'm not sure. You would need a closeup or sub diagram that shows the holes/connections. I've messed with them before, but can't recall.

Old 04-21-2013, 09:09 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by jbrew
I'm not sure. You would need a closeup or sub diagram that shows the holes/connections. I've messed with them before, but can't recall.
OK, thanks I've got until Friday to figure it out. I had the whole thing out this weekend (several times) replacing my screw-drivered door handle and performing the tin foil fix on the auto actuator. Turns out the lock cylinder was jacked too so I had to order one. Until then, I'm relying on the fob to get in. It actually works pretty good now. Rick

Old 04-27-2013, 06:18 PM
In case anyone stumbles on to this later, I figured out that the rod is simply inserted in the rubberized hole. No clip or anything, the proximity to the door wall and latch itself holds it in position.....I hope.

Old 04-27-2013, 08:19 PM

In case anyone stumbles on to this later, I figured out that the rod is simply inserted in the rubberized hole. No clip or anything, the proximity to the door wall and latch itself holds it in position.....I hope.
Yea, thanks for the update.

Old 05-22-2015, 09:43 AM
Hi
I've found the missing pic of the Manual door lock rod assembly 2000 F150 there's part #22152 is it the rod that hooks to the cylinder? Is there anyone who as a copy of it to confirm this? Thank you in advance.

Last edited by Mathson; 05-22-2015 at 07:20 PM. Reason: By searching carefully I was able to track down the missing picture
Old 12-12-2019, 05:17 PM
Originally Posted by marccards
It's fixed. Albeit, arms and hands scratched up. Trial and error. The "HOOK" portion of the rod goes into the lock cylinder clip. The other end of the rod goes UNDER what appeared to be the apparent hole it should have gone into. This was a lucky "feel" as it was not visible. I don't think installation of the lock cylinder could have been accomplished without having removed the door handle assembly. No matter what anyone says, the bolt 10mm to the left is a BITCH. Even with extensions and universal wratchet adapters, I ended up using a crescent wrench 1/4 turn or less at a time until it was fully locked down.
I have been trying to figure this out for awhile now. Thank you.

Quick Reply: Manual door lock rod assembly 2000 F150