1999 Triton 5.4L AC Compressor Removal Steps Needed

Old 03-01-2013, 10:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1999 Triton 5.4L AC Compressor Removal Steps Needed

I am installing a bypass pulley on a 1999 F150 with Triton 5.4L. Do I need to remove engine mount bolts and raise engine maybe an 1-1.5"?
Can't access last two bolts and they are too long to drop out due to cross-member. I wish I still had my 1976 FE powered truck. This one has been plagued with ball-joint/tie rod end problems, calipers and COP failures. Ready to sell this vehicle! A real nightmare!

Old 03-02-2013, 08:16 PM
I replaced the compressor on my '00 with a 4.6. Don't know how much different mine is to a 5.4, but it came out... just don't try to remove the bolts, loosen them but let them stay in the housing as you remove the compressor. Not a fun job, but I really don't think you'll have to raise the engine.

Good luck and welcome to the site.... oh, and watch saying anything negative about these trucks, there's a member here named jbrew who tends to get a little butthurt if you do.

Old 03-02-2013, 08:38 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by capri debris
I replaced the compressor on my '00 with a 4.6. Don't know how much different mine is to a 5.4, but it came out... just don't try to remove the bolts, loosen them but let them stay in the housing as you remove the compressor. Not a fun job, but I really don't think you'll have to raise the engine.

Good luck and welcome to the site.... oh, and watch saying anything negative about these trucks, there's a member here named jbrew who tends to get a little butthurt if you do.
You'll never know how proud of me I am right now to leave such a lasting impression. I'll give yuh a clue, - it's like a massive tickle!

fun fun fun...

Old 03-02-2013, 09:59 PM
Originally Posted by jbrew
You'll never know how proud of me I am right now to leave such a lasting impression. I'll give yuh a clue, - it's like a massive tickle!

fun fun fun...
It's like I ring a bell and you come running like a good little dog, right on cue contributing nothing positive to the thread... but hey, at least it's another addition to that amazing post count you have going.

But keep focused... it's not ME you're after, the OP is the one who badmouthed these wonderfully perfect trucks Ford built.... now go get him!!

Old 03-02-2013, 10:24 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by capri debris
It's like I ring a bell and you come running like a good little dog, right on cue contributing nothing positive to the thread... but hey, at least it's another addition to that amazing post count you have going.

But keep focused... it's not ME you're after, the OP is the one who badmouthed these wonderfully perfect trucks Ford built.... now go get him!!
Well, once again your wrong about everything lol. That's okay, you really can't help it. You rang the big dog bell. Therefore, "you" initiated a thread trash. These posts DO NOT ad to ones post count.

With your addition and then contributions (some good, but there's bad as well) to this site, has done nothing more than raise the FAIL count.

Everyone fails at some point. Most will learn from this and move on. Others get what you call "butt hurt" and have to live with that each and every day. I sort of feel sorry for you. I suppress that with the thought that you will learn, -one day.

Get over it and your before you know it, -your boo boo will heal.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1999 Triton 5.4L AC Compressor Removal Steps Needed