2004 - 2008 F-150

floor mats?? 2005 Scab FX4

Old 01-07-2013, 12:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
floor mats?? 2005 Scab FX4

What kind of floor mats are you guys using? I have seen some comments on Weather Tech and Husky Liners. I'm in Indiana so I deal with all the seasons. I have looked for deals on the Husky liners but can't seem to find much for the 2004-2008s. Any opinions would be helpful!!!

Old 01-07-2013, 01:06 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I will take the Weathertechs over the Huskies any day of the week. Far better fit and look. Also seem to be a bit heavier duty. That is what I have had in my 04, 07 and 09. Prior to that I had tried the Huskies and did not like them.

Old 01-07-2013, 02:16 PM
Originally Posted by kingfish51
I will take the Weathertechs over the Huskies any day of the week. Far better fit and look. Also seem to be a bit heavier duty. That is what I have had in my 04, 07 and 09. Prior to that I had tried the Huskies and did not like them.
Where do you get your weathertechs?

Old 01-07-2013, 02:17 PM
I've had my Weathertechs for two years now and I love 'em. The fit is perfect, they catch all the dirt and mud, and after two years of abuse they still look great! I have no experience with the Husky Liners, therefore no opinion

Old 01-07-2013, 02:20 PM
Originally Posted by Mpkav
I got my fronts off Ebay for a smoking deal, and the rear I bought off somebody on this forum.

Old 01-07-2013, 02:38 PM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
I've been using heavy rubber floor mats from wally world since I bought the truck. I think they are rubbermaid, but not certain. They ran about $35-40 and have lasted since 2008. I'm sure the WeatherTech's are nice and all, but mine have caught 99% of the water and grime, while the factory carpeted mats beneath look brand new. I can't justify spending 3X's the price for something to perform the same. Just something to think about. I feel the same regarding the Optima/Odyssey battery discussions.

Old 01-07-2013, 03:43 PM
Originally Posted by Mpkav
I have seen them at Cabelas or you can order direct from WeatherTech.
http://www.weathertech.com/

You can also Google "weathertech" and come up with dozens of places

Last edited by kingfish51; 01-07-2013 at 03:45 PM.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:47 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I also have weathertechs. I don't think they fit well at all, especially the front passenger side. Also are difficult to remove for cleaning. Make sure you vacuum them or your upholstery will be wearing stone and dirt.

Next time around I am going to buy the Husky Liners.

Old 01-07-2013, 05:25 PM
I have seen them at Cabelas or you can order direct from WeatherTech.
http://www.weathertech.com/

You can also Google "weathertech" and come up with dozens of places
Ha...tried that already! I was hoping for the best price or a discount code somewhere!! I'm new to the truck world so I'm not exactly sure which websites/companies are the best. I'm all too familiar with bad products/service and want to avoid that with my truck!!

Old 01-07-2013, 05:28 PM
Originally Posted by DarrenWS6
I also have weathertechs. I don't think they fit well at all, especially the front passenger side. Also are difficult to remove for cleaning. Make sure you vacuum them or your upholstery will be wearing stone and dirt.

Darren, I was looking on eBay for the Huskys and didn't find many black floor mats for the 2005. The search continues!!

Old 01-07-2013, 06:45 PM

Don't know which model you bought, but I have had my mats since I purchased my 09. Have had them out many times to clean, but have yet had a need to vacuum the carpet underneath. There is never any dirt there, while the mats themselves have gravel, mud, and all kinds of dirt on them. Have even had a leaky milk carton. Stayed entirely in the mat.
There are different models of the DigiFit mats depending on model and other options. Just make sure you have the right one for your setup.

Old 01-08-2013, 04:22 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Don't know which model you bought, but I have had my mats since I purchased my 09. Have had them out many times to clean, but have yet had a need to vacuum the carpet underneath. There is never any dirt there, while the mats themselves have gravel, mud, and all kinds of dirt on them. Have even had a leaky milk carton. Stayed entirely in the mat.
There are different models of the DigiFit mats depending on model and other options. Just make sure you have the right one for your setup.
I'm certain they are the digital fit floor liners. I'll have to get a photo later of the passenger side to show. Otherwise they are a nice floor mat but I feel they aren't as true of a digital fit as they acclaim.

Old 01-08-2013, 07:01 AM
I'm certain they are the digital fit floor liners. I'll have to get a photo later of the passenger side to show. Otherwise they are a nice floor mat but I feel they aren't as true of a digital fit as they acclaim.
First, let me state that I love my WeatherTechs and would buy another set in a heartbeat. I had Husky Liners in a previous truck and did not like them at all.

Second, let me echo the thought that they don't always fit quite as perfectly as their advertising might suggest. I too have an ill fitting passenger side mat and talked extensively to the company about it. They claim the reason mine doesn't fit is that my truck is a regular cab and the mats were designed for the extended cab. Complain as I might, the mis fit isn't all that bad and the mats work wonderfully. Oh, and I have absolutley no problems removing mine regularly for cleaning.

Old 01-08-2013, 07:36 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have the Husky flexible floor mats. I bought them in 2008 and they are holding up well. They have pretty good reviews on-line. I never have liked tripping over the liners getting in my truck.

See my public profile for more pics.
I bought them at Cabela's.
http://www.cabelas.com/product/Auto-...3Bcat104337180

Old 01-08-2013, 09:51 AM
After adding the mat retention hooks to my STX, I used the Wal-Mart rubber FORD mats (after making small retention holes in them). They work great, and much cheaper than Husky or WeatherTech.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: floor mats?? 2005 Scab FX4