F150 Reg Cab Sub Box

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 08:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F150 Reg Cab Sub Box

Hi all,

Just wondering if any of you guys out there are rocking Regular cab F150 with a sub box...

Im 6'2" and my truck is a regular cab. Im wondering what size subs you can fit behind the seat without moving the seat forward. My height does not allow me to drive without the seat as far back as it can go. Ive been wanting a sub or two in my truck, but dont think my 12" subs will fit. Ive been thinking i may have to downsize to a 10" or even an 8" sub and possibly go with a custom made box.

So my question is, do any of you have this set up currently in your trucks? What are you using, 8's 10's? Pre fab box or customs?

Also... does anyone have any suggestions for replacement speakers for the rear of the 94 F150 reg cab? Ive tried a few different places and cannot seem to find any that are roughly 5x8ish that will fit.

Old 04-30-2012, 09:49 AM
It can be done with 10's. I had a friend who drove a 93 single cab and he was 6'4 so his seat was all the way back and he was able to fit two Rockford Fosgate P3 shallow mount tens behind the seat in the rockford prefab box. However if you can build your own box you'll save a lot of money, I remember he paid a decent amount to get that box.

Old 04-30-2012, 10:44 AM
Originally Posted by pizzaman711
It can be done with 10's. I had a friend who drove a 93 single cab and he was 6'4 so his seat was all the way back and he was able to fit two Rockford Fosgate P3 shallow mount tens behind the seat in the rockford prefab box. However if you can build your own box you'll save a lot of money, I remember he paid a decent amount to get that box.
Well thats great. Ill have to look for some shallow mount subs... I can definitely build my own box as well. Got enough 3/4 ply laying around.

Thanks for your reply.

Old 04-30-2012, 11:38 AM
No problem! Rockford, Alpine, and JL all make great sounding shallow subs under 3.5" deep if I remember right, it just depends how much your willing to spend ha.

On a side note, don't use plywood to build the box. It'll kill the sound quality because it resonates so easily and it won't hold up long. Either go with 5/8" MDF if it is under like a 300 watts per box if you really wanna save space you'll just need good bracing in the corners, or 3/4" if it's over that. Or you can use 5/8" birch too, it's lighter and from what I've heard stronger than 3/4" MDF.

Old 05-07-2012, 12:04 AM
Graphics Contributor
theres a whole lot more room behind our seats than any other regular cab truck. Im only 5'11 so i keep the driver seat and passenger seat in line with the middle bench. A relatively large sub box for my 12" alpine type-r sub actually fit like a glove behind the passenger seat. i gotta mount it down somehow so it doesnt slide, but i couldnt believe how perfect it fit. I was running it standing up in place of the small seat in my old 2011 ext cab. Ill have it in and running in a week or two, i will take pics. if you need measurements ill send them to you. It fits a 12" type-r perfectly tho and thats a relatively deep sub that pounds.

Quick Reply: F150 Reg Cab Sub Box