Bedliners, Caps, Tops & Lids
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newly installed Retrax Pro (Pic Heavy)

Old 09-18-2011, 11:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newly installed Retrax Pro (Pic Heavy)

I bought a new 2011 F-150 Platinum a few months ago - tinted the windows, installed a BedTred liner and was done with my modifications but for one very important thing - needed a bed cover. After a GREAT deal of research, I decided against a fiberglass cover because I didn't see it as being practical for me. I also decided against any roll up or folding cover for the same reasons. In the end I needed a retractable cover, and after looking into each cover on the market in great detail, I ended up deciding on the Retrax Pro.

My reasons for choosing the Retrax Pro were 1) I liked the way it looked; 2) it appeared to be very strong, sturdy, and reasonably well made; and 3) it easily opens and closes from the driver's side and does NOT have that annoying strap hanging down in the bed as a result (can't help it - I am a neat freak). For those that are curious, it cost me a tad over $1400 shipping included.

These photos were taken on a bright, sunny day and I had just washed the bed of the truck, so please ignore the water in the bed - unrelated to the cover.

It's way too early to tell, but so far I am very happy with the cover. I was worried I wouldn't like the gloss finish, but I actually love it. The finish goes very well with the rest of the truck and doesn't appear to be near as vulnerable to scratches as I thought. The cover is VERY heavy (powder coated aluminum) and feels like it would survive most anything. You can latch the cover with or without a key, and the cover can be latched and/or locked in any position.

I know based on my research that there is very little information out there about this cover (as opposed to the Retrax Lexan model) so I will be happy to answer any questions. I'm sure it is far from the perfect cover, but thus far I really like and it and am very happy with my purchase.

Old 09-20-2011, 01:51 PM
Retrax

Can you please tell me were you bought it,thanks

Old 09-20-2011, 04:30 PM
Congrats, just hope it doesn't break down (it happened to my father's retractable bed cover and it was no useful).

Old 09-20-2011, 08:38 PM
Originally Posted by 07HarleyDavidsn
Congrats, just hope it doesn't break down (it happened to my father's retractable bed cover and it was no useful).
what cover is that?

Old 09-21-2011, 02:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
RetraxPro is pretty darn tough!

Last edited by TruckGasm; 09-21-2011 at 02:56 PM.
Old 09-21-2011, 03:11 PM
Originally Posted by bimmer04
what cover is that?
BakFlip F1 bed cover. I really love my bed cover - it's manual folding and it is very durable. Doesn't touch the exterior paint too so that's a plus!

Old 09-21-2011, 03:11 PM
Originally Posted by TruckGasm
I bet it is, keep us updated if there are any issues with it.

Old 09-21-2011, 03:20 PM
nice

Old 09-21-2011, 05:26 PM
Originally Posted by PompanoLT
Can you please tell me were you bought it,thanks
I bought it online at AutoAnything.com and took advantage of their 10% off and free shipping special. The shipping only took one day so I must be located close to one of the warehouses used for drop shipping.

Old 09-21-2011, 05:28 PM
I'm really surprised at how heavy/strong is appears to be. By the way TruckGasm, I appreciate all the help you give here. Your advice based on your experiences have affected a couple of my buying decisions, including which cover to buy and not to buy.

Old 09-21-2011, 05:29 PM
Originally Posted by 07HarleyDavidsn
I bet it is, keep us updated if there are any issues with it.
I will post an update after I've had it a while - good or bad. We all need information to make smart purchases.

Old 09-21-2011, 08:27 PM
Originally Posted by Hubster
I will post an update after I've had it a while - good or bad. We all need information to make smart purchases.

Old 09-22-2011, 12:51 PM
Originally Posted by Hubster
I'm really surprised at how heavy/strong is appears to be. By the way TruckGasm, I appreciate all the help you give here. Your advice based on your experiences have affected a couple of my buying decisions, including which cover to buy and not to buy.
Thanks and my pleasure! My opinions are unbiased, I have no financial interest in any tonneau cover company.

We recently installed this RetraxPro. (Not a Ford though.)

Old 09-22-2011, 06:34 PM
Thanks and my pleasure! My opinions are unbiased, I have no financial interest in any tonneau cover company.

We recently installed this RetraxPro. (Not a Ford though.)
Truck,

Just curious, now that you've installed one, what where your impressions (good and bad)?

Old 09-23-2011, 09:28 AM
There's virtually no difference between the regular Retrax (now called RetraxOne) and the RetraxPro except the curtain is made of aluminum instead of Lexan. So, the question is: Do you need aluminum over the Lexan?

Anyone want to discuss the pros and cons of aluminum and Lexan? I'll take a stab at it later.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Newly installed Retrax Pro (Pic Heavy)