2009 - 2014 F-150

2010 Lariat heater problem - No heat on left side - HeLp

Old 02-16-2012, 07:05 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 Lariat heater problem - No heat on left side - HeLp

I am leaving on a trip soon with a new [used ] 2010 Lariat. It didn't come with an owners manual and I have a heater problem. The heater won't blow warm air on the drivers side! No heat on defrost or any other setting for the driver. Warm air blowing on the pass side.
Any ideas on what might be wrong?
I plan on leaving in a couple days, so should I head to the Ford dealer or is this a simple thing?? H-E-L-P

Old 02-16-2012, 09:18 AM
Might be a stupid question, but....

Your Lariat should have the dual temp controls like my FX4 Lux - the temp settings for the driver and passenger are separate.

Do you have the temp set the same for the driver and passenger?

Old 02-16-2012, 09:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It might be a stuck directional flap, try hitting the top of the dash a few times. This is just a guess I dont really know. Head to the dealer asap just incase its a problem part that needs to be ordered.

Old 02-16-2012, 09:24 AM
Originally Posted by stormtech
Might be a stupid question, but....

Your Lariat should have the dual temp controls like my FX4 Lux - the temp settings for the driver and passenger are separate.

Do you have the temp set the same for the driver and passenger?
There are no stupid questions as far as I'm concerned as I don't know anything about this. I forgot to mention in the original post, it has dual climate control settings.
I have tried it with temperature settings the same on both sides and also set different on both sides. I have tried it set as high as 90 on the cold side [drivers], stilll blows cold.

Old 02-16-2012, 11:22 AM
Build Tracking Moderator
Time wise, Should be under warranty, unless you exhausted it by miles
In any case, i'd look at the blend doors...

Old 02-16-2012, 11:23 AM
Then I would agree with 05supercrew that there is a blend door sticking.

I'm not one to bang on anything with a $40K+ truck, so it would be off to the dealer for me.

Still in warranty I hope?

Old 02-16-2012, 11:29 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you do not have an owners manual, you can download one for free from http://www.motorcraftservice.com/vdi...&menuIndex1=16

Old 02-16-2012, 11:40 AM
My guess is that you have a vacume problem somewhere along the line. All that stuff is actuated by vacume. It could be a leak, or a bad distribution block, . . . . I suppose it could be electronic if you have the dual climate control system.

Old 02-16-2012, 01:15 PM
Originally Posted by kingfish51
If you do not have an owners manual, you can download one for free from http://www.motorcraftservice.com/vdi...&menuIndex1=16
Wow THANKS

Old 12-14-2012, 05:13 PM
My 2010 Lariat just started the same thing last night- Driver side at 90 and blowing ice cold, passenger side is at 80 and very warm
What did end up being the problem on yours?

Old 12-14-2012, 09:23 PM
Originally Posted by ItsMeAgain
My 2010 Lariat just started the same thing last night- Driver side at 90 and blowing ice cold, passenger side is at 80 and very warm
What did end up being the problem on yours?
The problem was with one of the actuator motors that operate the blend doors.
One is on the topside of the heater assy, somewhere behind the radio or a bit lower. The other is on the bottomside next to the hump of the floor. I forget which motor operates which side. The upper motor is easy. The bottom one - you don't want to hear this -
a monster of a job. I helped a Ford mechanic on his day off. ---8 hours and we had to drain and recharge the AC system.
Best of luck !

Old 12-15-2012, 11:24 PM
Originally Posted by Daleford
The problem was with one of the actuator motors that operate the blend doors.
One is on the topside of the heater assy, somewhere behind the radio or a bit lower. The other is on the bottomside next to the hump of the floor. I forget which motor operates which side. The upper motor is easy. The bottom one - you don't want to hear this -
a monster of a job. I helped a Ford mechanic on his day off. ---8 hours and we had to drain and recharge the AC system.
Best of luck !
The drivers side is the bottom one. Ask me how I know. . .$1200 of labour for a $100 part. Just had mine done a week ago, it was blowing full on hot air on the driver side no matter what temperature I set it at. No fun on a 6 hour drive. And yes, I'm well out of warranty at 144k km (90k miles)

Old 12-16-2012, 07:34 AM
Quote:

---The drivers side is the bottom one. Ask me how I know. . .$1200 of labour for a $100 part. Just had mine done a week ago, it was blowing full on hot air on the driver side no matter what temperature I set it at. No fun on a 6 hour drive. And yes, I'm well out of warranty at 144k km (90k miles) ---

That sounds about right ! A Ford design flaw!!!

Old 12-16-2012, 05:12 PM
Originally Posted by Daleford
Quote:

That sounds about right ! A Ford design flaw!!!
My '08 had it go to, but it wasn't dual climate controlled, so it was easier for them to get at. . .but it was the exact same issue, blend door actuator biting the dust. That truck was only at about 70K miles when it happened. I thought they might start using better blend door actuators in newer models as it was a common issue on the 08. I guess I thought wrong. I had them replace the other one while they were in there. . .

Old 12-17-2012, 10:33 AM
I have a service appointment for in the morning-I have a couple weeks left on my warranty so the timing is good. Sounds like driver's side is definitely an ugly "surgery" too so it will be good to have this out of the way before the warranty is over.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2010 Lariat heater problem - No heat on left side - HeLp