Bilstein 5100s on backorder for SIX MONTHS! WTF...

Old 12-14-2011, 07:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but the same issue is going on right now...

I've had Bilstein 5100 leveling shocks on order for the front of my 2011 FX4 since September 1. Bilstein keeps giving an estimated ship date, and when that date comes around, they push the ETA another 3 weeks or so.

Now they are saying Jan 10, over four months on back order. Unless they push it again (which has already happened four times).

Evidently this is an ongoing problem with Bilstein. Unfortunately there really isn't any other option I'm interested in.

Old 12-14-2011, 07:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I ordered mine from 4 wheel parts

No idea if it's in stock or anything. We'll see!!!

Old 12-14-2011, 07:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just called and they said they won't have them 'till the end of the month, the Rancho equivalents are $200 a piece.

Old 01-03-2012, 05:40 PM
I ordered a front and rear set from Top Gun Customz on Dec. 14th. Received an email the following day saying that the order was processed and another email would be sent with shipping info once shipped. Payment was taken from my card on Dec. 15th. Since then I had to email them 3 times with no response until yesterday when I received 3 different emails with 3 different reasons why I haven't received the item or an email. One said email server was down, one said that my package was shipped on Dec. 15 but no tracking number from UPS, one said that they are on national backorder...Turns out that they are on national backorder and Bilstein's eta is mid-late January. Doesn't sound too bad, but from reading everyone else's stories on here, I'm guessing that it will probably be longer.

Old 02-08-2012, 04:43 PM
After waiting 2 months with no new info I finally called Bilstein and was told that they will be available at the end of this month. I explained to the rep that I was told end of Dec, then end of Jan, and now end of Feb and he said that there are 4 production dates at the end of Feb so they should be all caught up by then. Hopefully that is the case.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bilstein 5100s on backorder for SIX MONTHS! WTF...